Window & Door Labels In Elevations?

ACADuser

OK 5 day count down to vacation & I'll get out of your hair for two weeks ;)

Two questions:

Attached is an elevation with the window labels turned on, some in mulled units.

The labels are obscured by the mullions, any cure for that? Do i have to drag then all out of the windows? Not much room to work with.

Question 2: I am using the elevations @ 1/4 scale with text created in the elevation & send to layout for standard elevation views.

I am also using the elevation with a different layer set to turn off the text & turn on the window & door labels & send to another layout 1/8 scale on my schedule layout page.

Is this the proper way to separate the elevations? Meaning use a second layer set. Or should I have created another elevation view with a second camera & also a second layer set.

The only way to update the layout view is to close the elevation, right.

I know that is a third question. So I open the elevation camera, set my layer set & close it to update the layout?

But this doesn't work, the labels disappeared. I'm confused as usual.

post-2435-0-43357400-1431619999_thumb.png

It's a matter of knowing what you are doing.  Each Layout Box has a Layer Set.  If both are using the same Layer Set then that's what you get.  You can select one of the Layout boxes and assign a different Layer Set.

The other way to handle this is to "Copy the Layer Set" when sending to Layout.  That will insure the Layout Box has a unique Layer Set of its own.

This would be I first one.

Thank you Scott!

And one more point because I am in a giving mood.

Guess who I get to visit Saturday?  Yes,  that is correct,  Jim "I Fought the Lawes" Lawes.  He is going to take us golfing up in Michigan.  I am so excited.  Now if Jim was going to take us out for two days,  I just might give you two points.

It's a matter of knowing what you are doing.  Each Layout Box has a Layer Set.  If both are using the same Layer Set then that's what you get.  You can select one of the Layout boxes and assign a different Layer Set.

The other way to handle this is to "Copy the Layer Set" when sending to Layout.  That will insure the Layout Box has a unique Layer Set of its own.

I created a separate layer set for each condition & the two have the proper layer set but when I regen while closing the elevation view it generates twice & both layouts are the same.

post-2435-0-88088800-1431629363_thumb.png

And one more point because I am in a giving mood.

Guess who I get to visit Saturday?  Yes,  that is correct,  Jim "I Fought the Lawes" Lawes.  He is going to take us golfing up in Michigan.  I am so excited.  Now if Jim was going to take us out for two days,  I just might give you two points.

I grew up in Michigan. Great place to be from! Tell I loaded up the truck an move to Beverly's.

It appears as though creating the layout view with a copy of the layer is the only way I could get it to work.

Thanks