Export Of Rendering Not Working

EricE75

Hello Everybody. It has been a few years since I last posted. I am running Chief Architect 10.08b on my new computer that I just built. It is working just fine

but when I went to export the rendering to a JPG I just get what was behind the open rendering window. So usually the floor plan comes up. I have gone over all the settings a 100 times. Tried running chief in different compatibily mode etc and still no luck. I have a new Gigabyte geforce gtx 970 video card so it should handle this easily.

I really can't aford to upgrade chief.

Please can anybody help me with this. Or a work around.

Thanks

Eric Ernisse

Thanks Graham,

In Chief Arch 10 the only way to save the rendering is through file, export, picture(jpg etc). I am guessing it has to do with video card settings but not sure which. It is like the video card needs to output the picture again. I have not tried saving the raytace window yet..

Anybody have any other ideas????

Eric

What version of Windows Operating System are you using please? I have Chief Architect Premier 7, 9 and 10 running on my XP x32 hard drive with no trouble, more modern versions I have installed on my Windows 7 hard drive.

What precise steps are you taking that do not work?

DJP

Hello David,

Thanks for the help.

I am running windows 8.1 64bit.

My design was finished and I rendered the view I wanted. Smothed the edges and added shadows. Then went to File, Export, Picture(jpg etc). A dialoge save box came up. I entered the file name and saved it as .jpg. Then I went to open the file and what I got was a image of what was under the render window. I have tried all the setting in Chief. I am thinking it is a setting of the video card. It is like it needs to rerender the file..

Joe I will try the snipping tool. That just might get me though this deadline but I would like to get my system working though...

I will try to add one of the pictures in the next post..

Thanks

Eric

Chief 10 is not designed to run on anything newer than XP. There are probably half a dozen different issues that you might encounter when trying to run Chief 10 on newer operating systems. What you describe is one of them.

In X1 we did preliminary support for the modern operating systems and completed that work in X2. We are now on X7. While you may be able to muddle through the issues of trying to get such an old version of Chief to sort of work on a new OS, you are kind of on your own there. Vista was released nearly 8 years ago now and my memory of those days and the problems that you might encounter is starting to fade.

The first thing I would suggest is trying to run the program in XP compatibility mode. My recollection is that won't solve all of the issues but might solve the one you are describing.

The best answer is to upgrade to the latest version of Chief which is designed to run on Windows 8.1.

Thanks Doug.

I was afraid of that. I tried running the program in xp compatibility mode, actually all of the modes, and had no luck. If something comes to mine please let me know.

I think it is a setting of the video card but not sure..

Maybe one day I can upgrade.