Property Line Dims & Bearings

Joe_Carrick

I can't figure out how to get the Property Lines to have "Quadrant Bearing     Decimal Dimensions" to be displayed on the exterior of my property lines except by using a text box.  This should be an automatic feature. 

If I create dimensions, I can manually add the bearing text by copying it into the "Leading Text" but that's extra work and I then have to make the actual dimension line, arrow and extensions somehow disappear. 

Does anyone have an easy way to have this work?

hi Joe, I was watching the Plot Plan and Annotation CA Video yesterday and at about the 11.30-15:30 min mark ,they are playing with those settings in the PL DBX and setting up text styles etc if I understand your question correctly.

it is video 5480  , can't seem to get you a direct link......

this one...http://video.chiefarchitect.com/?search=plot+plan

M.

Joe,

Do you mean like this?

These settings can be accessed at Defaults...CAD...General Cad.

Display Line Length Format as Units = ' to how ever many decimal places you want (or different formatting if you don't want decimal feet). 

Display Line Angle As Quadrant Bearing.

post-106-0-08386600-1431559908_thumb.jpg

Joe,

Do you mean like this?

These settings can be accessed at Defaults...CAD...General Cad.

Display Line Length Format as Units = ' to how ever many decimal places you want (or different formatting if you don't want decimal feet). 

Display Line Angle As Quadrant Bearing.

Thanks Glenn,

That was exactly what I was looking for but I would never have thought to look at that location in Defaults.  I know I must have done it sometime in the past because I have some older projects with that annotation of Property Lines.  My Default Plan somehow got changed but now it's good.

Joe,

The only problem is, this setting changes any existing lines. 

It would be good if it only applied to new lines so that you could have different  lines with different formats.

Absolutely Glen,

and Joe, I agree that setting is so hard to find .

Richard,

I don't see any advantage to a CAD Detail for the Plot Plan at all.  Anything that it provides can be done with an Annoset/Layerset combination.  I still have to put all the Terrain Features, Dimensions, etc in the Plan View anyway. 

Display Line Length Format is set individually in CAD windows, not globally. Therefore, you can set the format to be different for a plot plan in a separate detail.

OK, I see that but I only show those line lengths for the Property Lines - all the others I have turned off.

When I set the defaults on floor 1 to Decimal Foot, and Quadrant bearing; the Cad Default only applies to the current floor; and not to any other floor, nor to sections and elevations.

I tend to keep my plot plan live; and the CAD Default has not been a problem for me; but I don't use "show Length", and "Show Angle" for much except plot plans. 

One thing that has been a problem is the inability to alter the placement of the text, as sometimes thing will get crowded, or overlap.