Save As .pdf W/colored Jpg's Doesn't Work After Update

SMCDesign

• 3 weeks later...

Is there a fix for this yet from Chief?  I am trying to be patient... but it is pretty embarrassing sending out Black and white plans when my people are used to seeing beautiful color renderings on the front page...

Is there a fix for this yet from Chief?  I am trying to be patient... but it is pretty embarrassing sending out Black and white plans when my people are used to seeing beautiful color renderings on the front page...

Are you sure it is broken and not user error?

We had a CLORED WORKSHOP last Saturday,  and I do not believe anybody had problems with color in layout.

Are you sure it is broken and not user error?

We had a CLORED WORKSHOP last Saturday,  and I do not believe anybody had problems with color in layout.

It isn't just printing in color.  You used to be able to print everything in black/white or gray scale, but keep ONLY images in color (renderings, etc.).  It saved you from having to change layers/annotation sets to be black/white/gray when in a layout file.  They would simply be black and white by setting it to print in black/white or gray scale and you could set the layout file up to show images (and only images) in color. I found I can still set it up like this, and it will show up in my print preview, but once I actually print it (to pdf specifically) it would turn all of my images to gray scale.  

It isn't just printing in color.  You used to be able to print everything in black/white or gray scale, but keep ONLY images in color (renderings, etc.).  It saved you from having to change layers/annotation sets to be black/white/gray when in a layout file.  They would simply be black and white by setting it to print in black/white or gray scale and you could set the layout file up to show images (and only images) in color. I found I can still set it up like this, and it will show up in my print preview, but once I actually print it (to pdf specifically) it would turn all of my images to gray scale.  

This is also what I understood from the OP and didn't know it was an option but would like that functionality to be returned. Seems like a really nice feature.

Here's the response I received from support:

Hi Steve,
Thank you for sending me the backed up plan file and for bringing this to our attention. I was able to duplicate the behavior you describe and I will be sending this to our developers so that they can work to resolve this issue.
Unfortunately, I do not have a solution for you at this time.

Chief Architect Technical Support

• 4 weeks later...