Latest Update... Two Ceiling Heights From Macro?

dshall

I just updated to latest version.  I use a macro for the ceiling heigh in a room.  What happens where there are two ceiling height to to soffits or open to above spaces or.....  I think this pic is for the stairwell space.  My ceilings are 138" by default,  but check out the 151" ceiling ht.

Look at the Living room and look at the Dining room...

Interesting,  I think this is a good thing for open to above spaces,  but I do not think this is being used here very well.

post-50-0-17056400-1431536664_thumb.png

One of you guys gave us a clg height macro not sure but thank you, my question is there a macro for a wall height, I would like it to show the wall framing height like 8'-1/8" or 9'-1 1/8" and not take the floor covering or ceiling sheet rock into play, they will do there job from what the framer frames

Ray,

For wall height, you can use the global Room Ceiling Height which gives you the Rough Ceiling height which is the wall height - measure from top of Floor Structure to underside of Rough Ceiling.

Both Room Ceiling Height and Room Ceiling Finished Height return N/A when there is no Ceiling Over This Room. 

Scott,

Could the macro be reporting the height to the floor above in the stairwell which I assume is Open Below?

Is your floor 13" thick?

I can't see a dining room in your pic.

Scott,

Yes, I just tested it and it's returning the stair opening height as well.

Are you having any problems with formatting as the macro is returning 245 mm when it should be 2450 mm.

Looks like a bug - the usual metric thing.

Scott,

Yes, I just tested it and it's returning the stair opening height as well.

Are you having any problems with formatting as the macro is returning 245 mm when it should be 2450 mm.

Looks like a bug - the usual metric thing.

I am not sure of your question.. I do not think I am having problems formatting macro. I do like it showing two different ceiling heights, but I am not sure I like they included the stairwell, seems confusing.

Ray,

For wall height, you can use the global Room Ceiling Height which gives you the Rough Ceiling height which is the wall height - measure from top of Floor Structure to underside of Rough Ceiling.

Glenn thanks for the info now is there a way to show it as 9'-1 1/8" rather then 109 1/8"

It would need to be provided as an option for the Room Macros that Chief provides.  IOW, we can't do it except as an addition in the Default Room Labels.

Put another way, I would REALLY like it if it were " provided as an option in the Room Macros that Chief provides."