Manufacturer Catalogs - Create A Buzz

Chief_Content

Agree'd Jcaffe, seems that would be the big turn around. I thought it would be nice for Chief to get some high end kitchen hardware, like Rev-a-shelf models that we can open and close as we are doing 3d walk through.  Seems like it would be beneficial to add an "3d open cabinet door/drawer feature". allowing us to show clients roll outs and drawer items, lazy Susans..things like that. also add better under cab LED light strips that are popular now. 

Shower Doors or a better way to create/mod a shower door with something like cabinet attributes.  A real pain to design since all my bathroom projects are different.  Have a folder of many that I have created, but still even have to modify to some degree based on layout/size and it is cumbersome.  I have created an extensive kohler library separated by collection over the years.  If I know how to take it and add it here for use, I would.

Also would like to see Delta, Moen, Am Standard, etc.  Not a whole lot to even import with those mfg's.

Appliances like GE, Wpool, KA, etc.  Progress lighting, Kichler, Maxim, Hampton Bay, Seagull.  Amerock, Belwith Keeler.

Go to a 3d Warehouse and enter GE in search and you will find many models for GE appliances and do the same for other manufacturers... There is also a logo bar with all the manufacturers, you can use that and you will find all available product collections for each manufacturer

Shower Doors or a better way to create/mod a shower door with something like cabinet attributes.  A real pain to design since all my bathroom projects are different.  Have a folder of many that I have created, but still even have to modify to some degree based on layout/size and it is cumbersome.  I have created an extensive kohler library separated by collection over the years.  If I know how to take it and add it here for use, I would.

If your Kohler symbols are in your Library , you can Export the library (right click) to a calibz File and Post it here on the Symbols Forum , I for one would appreciate it.

You did get the bonus Shower hardware Library library did you ?  

I am about to post a 9" radius Glass Shelf I made to use in Showers as I install them all the time too if you'd like it too.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

Delta / Brizo Plumbing 

Updated Cambria

Updated Cambria

Vicostone Quartz countertops

WilsonArt

Arizona Tile

Or another Tile MFG in addition to Dal-Tile

DeWils Cabinetry

Also would like to see Delta, Moen, Am Standard, etc.  Not a whole lot to even import with those mfg's.

Appliances like GE, Wpool, KA, etc.  Progress lighting, Kichler, Maxim, Hampton Bay, Seagull.  Amerock, Belwith Keeler.

I 2nd, 3rd and 4th that recommendation !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for the responses! Great lists!

Yes, Emser is in the works, there are a few other brands mentioned with whome we are in touch. Anything you can do to mention the Chief Architect name and give the extra push for popularity to these brand contacts helps the process move forward more quickly. A mention of "@Chief Architect" on social media pages can't hurt!

There are recent updates to many existing catalogs, including Thermador and Cambria. We've also released Kohler since the inception of this thread!

Thank you so much for the help! More to come!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Thanks for the responses! Great lists!

Yes, Emser is in the works, there are a few other brands mentioned with whome we are in touch. Anything you can do to mention the Chief Architect name and give the extra push for popularity to these brand contacts helps the process move forward more quickly. A mention of "@Chief Architect" on social media pages can't hurt!

There are recent updates to many existing catalogs, including Thermador and Cambria. We've also released Kohler since the inception of this thread!

Thank you so much for the help! More to come!

It would kinda be nice to be able to right-click on an individual library in the "Library Browser" then click on something called "Update Library".  For those that have slower internet connections it might be handy to be able to update libraries one by one.  At least, I know it would for me.  I know, I need to get faster internet.  :D

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

years ago i got marvin windows and doors to do that

Thanks so much, Harry! I wasn't aware that one of our users initiated this relationship. It really works for users to make that bridge between Chief and Brand contacts.

We don't currently charge for access to manufacturer catalogs (nor have we in the past), though we do reserve the privilege of access to some catalogs as a benefit of our SSA program. Marvin happens to be a brand that has always done their own development and hosting directly from their website.

I try to periodically point out the catalogs that have been recently added and updated in the announcements thread here:

https://chieftalk.chiefarchitect.com/index.php?/forum/5-announcements/

You can also see what is featured directly on the 3D Library. The "Featured" catalogs generally represent what has been added or significantly updated in the last month or so. I recommend checking here every 3 weeks to learn what is new and improved.

• 4 months later...

I think most people have entirely missed the point of this thread.  Here is the original post...

On 5/13/2015 at 6:55 AM, Chief_Content said:

Are you interested in seeing specific brand catalogs available for use with Chief Architect?

We often hear from users the desire for more branded catalogs in their Library. Our policy at Chief Architect is to only produce and distribute catalogs representing brands from whom we’ve gotten permission.

You can help to open the door for your favorite catalogs by leveraging your Social Media voice. Consider sharing your thoughts about Chief Architect on the brand’s facebook page. Tag Chief Architect in your comment to introduce them to our software.

Here is an example of the technique in action:

Kravet.jpg

If we work together, we may be able to expand the catalogs that are available for your designs!

I think the goal was to encourage OUR direct participation in the form of trying to influence these various manufacturers by directing them to Chief, not to simply suggest which manufacturers we want. 

Simpson Strong-Tie complete product line, plus 2D CAD representation, full ability to pull structural hardware schedule, ability to use only 2D in plan so as to save file space, what else?

See Michael's recent post in which he offers the I-joist hangers plus preferred 2D representation.  While the 3D is nice have for a detail, I would not want my model all laden with the surface-count one would have if using these in a house model everywhere hardware goes.

This would work unlike other symbols in Chief, in that one could control whether or not the 3D symbol was alive and in the file where placed.  The default setting should be NO 3D.

• Upvote 1

Michael is correct.   I have hit up my Delta / Brizo rep.  She did mention they are in 20-20 but that doesn't do us much good.  I also spoke to our Arizona Tile rep and they were wondering what their cost would be. Waiting on a KitchenAid rep to contact me.  I think some MFG's think if they are included in 20-20 OR if you can download a symbol from their website they are covered with all programs across the board.  Again with cost... We are a DeWils cabinet dealer and my wife and I are close to their marketing director (also daughter of company owner) and she was asking about cost.  Again they are part of 20-20.

Rob