How Do I Create Solar Panels?

grizzdj

I am trying to put solar panels on the roof of our current project in CA X4.  How do I go about doing that?  The solar panel in the library is a spray can for giving an object the solar panel look.  Once a panel is created I am then wondering how you set the pitch and create the panel support frame.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Dan Johnson

• Upvote 1

• 8 months later...

If you have X7 they are in this  plan.

Just want to let you know Scott, thank you for making it so easy to put solar panels on roofs. For others that may not know what to do with Scott's file, I added them to my X7 library then exported to 8 library and they popped right on my roof, then, I copied them to an array and A-blocked a group. I still don't understand how you did it since I'm new to CA but thanks to folks like yourself I did not have to spend the day researching and being side tracked. 

I do not know why that file is so big.  The symbols have relatively few faces. 

Anybody know why the file is 8.98 mb's?

Scott, 

Also I wonder why after opening the file, saving, then close file.  it ends up at  2.8mb's?

I have noticed this behavior for quite awhile. 

post-130-0-50918900-1454331762_thumb.jpg

• 4 months later...
  • 2 years later...
18 hours ago, Kmankey04 said:

When I try to install solar panels it installs it in the attic. How do install the solar panels on the roof plane ?

Open the symbol's Specification dialog box and set General>Elevation Reference to From Roof, and tick the General>Options>Flush Mounted checkbox.

solarflush.thumb.PNG.7289cc6f73ff45e43a31b3246b28a356.PNG