Default Material Question

HumbleChief

Go to solution Solved by HumbleChief,

Did you just mark your own answer as "Best Answer" to your own question?

I know it was not your intent, but this is not really fair. We could all get a lot of points by just posting questions for which we already know the answer and then posting the answer.

On second thought maybe that's not a bad idea!!! :)

Graham

Seems to be some confusion on my part. On the main forum the identifier says "Answered" but within the post it says "Best Answer". The forum should be consistent. If it really is Answered then the original poster would be correct as they are indicating that their question has been answered even if it was by them. If it really means "Best" Answer then this is correct but not sure it has the same meaning.

Just thought I should clarify my comment above. No intent to question the "Humble" in HumbleChief.

Graham

• Upvote 1

I don't even know what points are or why I would want them.

I posted the question last night then discovered the answer and posted that to let people know it was answered. Then I really wanted to delete the entire post because of my continued embarrassment of not knowing a thing about Chief after 15 years of using it. I was able to delete the post that said I had answered it but couldn't delete the original post so I re-posted the answer again. Maybe the forum software sees the 2nd post and claims this is the best answer? Don't know. Don't care. You can have all my points.