Designer Information

builtright3

I saved one of my new layouts as a template file but when I opened the template file to use it for a new job the designer information for the layout was gone. Can anyone tell me why it did not save the designer information? I would think that the customer information from the last job would be there also.

I saved one of my new layouts as a template file but when I opened the template file to use it for a new job the designer information for the layout was gone. Can anyone tell me why it did not save the designer information? I would think that the customer information from the last job would be there also.

I spoke to tech support with this issue and it is a flaw and/or programing oversight in the system and they will work on getting it fixed.

Thank You CA

I have the Designer Info save in my Default Plan.  When the Plan is Linked to the Layout and both are open the data in the Layout is displayed correctly.

This has been the way it has worked for as long as I can remember.  It makes some sense for both the Designer Info and the Client Info to be attached to the Plan since it any Plan could be sent to different Layouts for a variety of reasons.  OTOH, if the info is present in both the Plan and the Layout - which one should be dominate?

This is a bit of a brain twister.

The Default Designer Info is in

Preference > Appearance > Text > Default Designer Information.

If it is set there it should be automatic in all new Plans. If you change it in an individual Plan it will over-ride that information in the Layout.

Note that there is no "Default Client Information".  IAE, whatever is set in the Plan File for Designer and Client Info will be pushed to the Layout File.  What I haven't checked is which Plan File controls when more than one Plan File is used.

The Default Designer Info is in

Preference > Appearance > Text > Default Designer Information.

If it is set there it should be automatic in all new Plans.  If you change it in an individual Plan it will over-ride that information in the Layout.

Thank you Joe!

I think I got hung up on something that is really not that important. But the CA Tec at least agreed with my thought but he didn't tell be that there is a default setting so I'm assuming he just didn't know. My question would be; when he left me on hold who did he talk to about it and why did they not know about the default setting? :wacko:    

.....I think I got hung up on something that is really not that important......

In my mind it is very important.  I set it about 10 years ago and I forget it.......  unfortunately I relocated my office 2 years ago so the next few plans had the wrong info until I changed it.......  this stuff is no brainer stuff.....  I do not know where the confusion is.....  it is inputted in your template plan,  if you do not have a template plan then you will have to input the stuff for every new job.

Thank you Joe!

I think I got hung up on something that is really not that important. But the CA Tec at least agreed with my thought but he didn't tell be that there is a default setting so I'm assuming he just didn't know. My question would be; when he left me on hold who did he talk to about it and why did they not know about the default setting? :wacko:    

I don't know, but it's in the Help File ;)

• Upvote 1

In my mind it is very important.  I set it about 10 years ago and I forget it.......  unfortunately I relocated my office 2 years ago so the next few plans had the wrong info until I changed it.......  this stuff is no brainer stuff.....  I do not know where the confusion is.....  it is inputted in your template plan,  if you do not have a template plan then you will have to input the stuff for every new job.

Joe helped me

Problem is solved and way behind me

Thanks Scott

• Upvote 1

Joe helped me

Problem is solved and way behind me

Thanks Scott

Love it love it love it,  thanks JC,  the sooner we get this minutia out of the way,  the sooner you will be a viable contributor to the forum.  Nice job Joey,  stick at it until the issue is resolved.  

Love it love it love it,  thanks JC,  the sooner we get this minutia out of the way,  the sooner you will be a viable contributor to the forum.  Nice job Joey,  stick at it until the issue is resolved.  

Thank you Scott, When I grow up I want to be just like you.

Thank you Scott, When I grow up I want to be just like you.

lol....why?..... 

But seriously,  I  consider us a team,  we help each other out if we can,  when we help each other out we learn,  the OP learns,  and the more the OP knows,  the more likely he is going to be able to help me out in the future........  after all,  it's all about.... mi,   mi,  mi,  ......... 

lol....why?..... 

But seriously,  I  consider us a team,  we help each other out if we can,  when we help each other out we learn,  the OP learns,  and the more the OP knows,  the more likely he is going to be able to help me out in the future........  after all,  it's all about.... mi,   mi,  mi,  ......... 

Just trying to be funny :)

I really appreciate you and the others in this forum and look forward to the day I can be a help to someone else.

I know construction very well and know what I want it a plan I'm just trying to get what I want out of this software.

Thank You, Thank You, Thank You