Introducing My "bucking Molding"

TheKitchenAbode

ATTENTION! Down loading the attached plan constitutes acceptance of the following conditions.

1. I promise to fully evaluate the technique from a potential use perspective versus how it can’t be used.
  2. Criticisms shall be professional & courteous as I the Down Loader am a Professional Chiefter.
  3. All criticism must end with a positive comment of equal value.
  4. Praise if any shall use terms such as “Wow”, “Cool”, “Unbelievable” or the likes. Just Kidding :)
  5. It is the sole responsibility of the Down Loader to determine the suitability of this in accordance with their particular requirements.
  6. No warranties are expressed or implied. Use at your own risk.

This is the first time sending a plan. Please let me know if it does not come through properly.

Will forward library molding example profiles soon.

This is an X7 plan

Have Fun !!!

Graham

Hopefully this will not be an anticlimactic introduction :(  

Abode_Bucking Molding.zip

Whilst a great solution, I think Perry's solution might work better for my project. Thanks do much Graham for the interest. When we all work together, we make a great team.

Hi Scott,

Just curious as to the particular aspects of this that do not meet the requirements for this task. My question is not related to which method best suits your needs. Just wondering if I misunderstood the core requirements. Please ignore my attempt to be funny at the start of the post, will reframe from this in the future.

Many Thanks,

Graham

Hi Scott,

Just curious as to the particular aspects of this that do not meet the requirements for this task. My question is not related to which method best suits your needs. Just wondering if I misunderstood the core requirements. Please ignore my attempt to be funny at the start of the post, will reframe from this in the future.

Many Thanks,

Graham

Hey Graham,  never lose the humor,  we need more of it here.  In regards to what did not work for me,  the  plan view was not what I would like to see.  If you can compare the plan view using P's solution and your solution,  they are different and I like P's plan view solution.

Graham, thanks for sharing your idea, I don't have x7 but I am sure it is better than perry's, the problem is, if Scott appreciates your method perry may get lost due to Scott's ungratefullness. Just kidding.

I know Scott is using your method for real.

Don't stop sharing your ideas here, you are the beneficiary in return and discover a lot of things that will help all of us in the stage two learning curve.

Regarding your initial post trying to be funny was not too funny...just funny and every one at least smiled while reading. Just kidding again

Any way

We should not, certainly, punish other people in general because of an apparent lack of gratitude on the part of some. It could be that people are so busy they seem ungrateful — or they actually are thankless! But this is OK

Thanks everyone for the support. I enjoy the humor but please do not hesitate to let me know when to tone it down. :)

I have attached the explanation for creating a molding that you can predict and control the recessing effect. The shape in the explanation is in the attached library file.

Many other shapes can be quickly and easily created once one gets familiar with the concept.

Until Chief provides the option within a DBX to move a molding in this plane I think this could be a suitable method for those needing to do so.

Graham

Buck Sample Molding.calibz

post-4793-0-44598300-1431449024_thumb.jpg