Mulled Units & Schedules?

ACADuser

When you mull a door & transom window the window disappears from the window schedule & the door is revised in the door schedule to a mulled unit.

The door hardware & other door details are blank.

So how do you include that data in the table and what about the window specifications?

Thanks

Alan, After you have blocked the window & door together, open the DBX for the Mulled Unit, and Specify the Label. It will then appear in the Door Schedule with the name that you have assigned under the Label column, and the description as a mulled unit. 

post-72-0-26426200-1431352003_thumb.png

Alan,

This is IMO more a question of how the Door and Window are going to be ordered and installed. 

If it's going to be made as a single unit then mull it and have it in the Door Schedule.  To get to the hardware & other details you can select the mulled unit and tab to get to the embedded door or window which you can then open.

If it's going to be 2 separate pieces just installed in a single opening then don't mull it and the 2 items will be in different Schedules.  You can always add notes in the comments of the component dbx so the contractor will understand.

I just like the way it looks in elevation when the items are mulled.

But I prefer the detail in the schedules as separate items.

Even if the item is ordered as a mulled unit it still needs door hardware and the details for the door should show.

I will have to un-mull then for schedule clairity

Thanks for the input.

It would be nice if there was an option to have mulled units show as individual components in Schedules.  Another feature that would be cool would be to have the geometry of mulled units (trim, etc) without actually having the "mulled" blocking.

It would be nice if there was an option to have mulled units show as individual components in Schedules.  Another feature that would be cool would be to have the geometry of mulled units (trim, etc) without actually having the "mulled" blocking.

It's already there. Open the mulled unit. Go to Label tab, and select "show component labels." The schedule will match.

That's what I was looking for :)

Thanks

PS I guess you must set this for each grouped mulled unit.

i.e. some units are two or three mulled units deep, so as you build them each LABEL tab needs to be adjusted.

OK looking for the default to change so it is done for you.