1st floor problem

geirrosset

So our house has a cross section like the attached drawing. Not sure how to build the 1st floor. Adding a floor to the ground floor does not really work as the walls on the 1st floor are offset and the whole 1st floor and attic are behind the gable wall formed by the ground floor on the short sides and the roof forms the other two walls, then there is another ceiling with the attic above. Any good tutorials illustrating something like this? Haven't found one....

post-735-0-43766200-1395830508_thumb.jpg

The reason for me to put the basement on the first floor is so I can have a foundation plan separate from a floor plan especially if you have a

finished basement with walls and rooms. Too much clutter for me to put them both on the same plan

Geir Rosset....  his name is s pronounced GUY,  Guy Rosset....  he is from Norway,  so I am sure I did not get all of the umplats or whatever those funny things are in the correct location.  I think our 2016 vacation is going to be to the Baltics,  you know,  Finland,   Sweden,  Norway,  Russia,  Brussels etc.,  they say that those folks in Finland,  Norway and Sweden have some of the highest standards of living......  a bunch of happy folk out there......  we will check it out.

Two words my friend.....layer, sets. Takes care of all the clutter and allows a basement/foundation plan to be separate from the basement/finish plan.

I Use lots of layers already, and showing both floor and foundation on the same page just isn't right, never has been and just can't be done here, the city's would reject it as un-viewable. We here in California have to show all the holdowns and connections on the foundation plan, so they won't forget it. Tends to clutter things up and not a clean look.

Thanks for the video. It is great. Can't believe you did that :D

dshall:

The Nordic countries is a geographical and cultural region in Northern Europe and the North Atlantic. It consist of five countries (Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden) as well as their autonomous regions (the Åland Islands, the Faroe Islands and Greenland).

Scandinavia[a] is a historical and cultural-linguistic region in Northern Europe characterized by a common ethno-cultural Germanic heritage and related languages, which includes the three kingdoms of Denmark, Norway, and Sweden.

The Baltic states (also known as the Baltics, Baltic nations or Baltic countries) are three northern European countries east of the Baltic SeaEstonia, Latvia and Lithuania.

We're not really as happy as we should be, could be the long dark cold winters... But it's a relatively peaceful corner of the planet I'd say. And there are a lot of beautiful places to see. Have a great vacation. I can recommend it.