Will Somebody Help Me With This Bucking Plan?

dshall

This is getting complicated, just imagine what it will take to settle on the royalties split.

Here's my reasoning. When I saw the pic from Scott all of the exterior walls were double framed 2 x 4, kind of a chase wall without the chase. I thought from a framing point of view that it would be more applicable to only double frame where the window section would be. All other walls would be shown as 2 x 8. Material schedules would then be more accurate.

Graham

Thanks guys for the help.  Bill,  you do not have the recessed stucco band,  Yusuf,   I am not sure what you are doing,  Jeff's solution would not work because I rely on sections and if I drew the section,  I would not have the framing,  Dennis's looks good,  I think it might be a derivation of Jeff's,  I wish you would post a small plan Dennis,  I thought JC method might work,  but take a look,  the window is backwards,  so far my method seems to work the best,,,,,  but that is saying very little.  

I have a feeling the solution is under our nose,  Dennis,  would you mind posting a plan with your solution?

I am attaching the plan I am working on,   so if anybody gets a great idea,  just edit my plan and repost.  Thanks all.

BBB A BUCKING PLAN 1.plan.zip

post-50-0-45688900-1431086693_thumb.png

HERE YOU GO.

Thanks Dennis,  definitely the best solution to date.  It does work with a few quirks.

1.   Sometimes the top of window is not correct,  in fact sometimes I need to put in a totally and incorrect top of window height.....  maybe something I am doing.....

2.   The other step I have not figured out is how to use your method with my windows already in place.  I would like the  window to be in place and then add your oversized window opening and the non def wall in the correct spot WITHOUT HAVING TO MOVE THE WINDOW that is already in place.  I thought I did it once but I cannot repeat.

Thanks again,  good solution.

Doug - I didn't have the backwards window issue that you are experiencing in the JC model. I placed the window in the interior wall section and the pass-through in the exterior section. Maybe its the order in which the model is being built. I built the interior 2 x 4 section first and placed the window in it. Then I built the left & right side 2 x 8 walls. Then built the exterior 2 x 4 section separately away from the other walls. Inserted the pass-through and then moved the section into place in front of the window. could be that if you construct the walls first that Chief sees the exterior 2 x 4 section as the place for the window and the interior section as the place for the pass-through. Just a thought.

Graham

Graham,  last week I changed my name to Scott,   just goofing with you,   I think you are correct,  the build order is important.  Some really weird stuff.

Sorry about that, get too excited about my potential resolution, often hit "post" before proof reading. :(

I have found this to happen in other tasks, especially when objects or elements are attached together or there are objects within the same plane. Suspect that this is the culprit when using that Spray Can. Chief cannot discern one object for the other, sometimes it gets both and other times it just gets the foreground or background object.

Graham

Thanks guys for the help. Bill, you do not have the recessed stucco band, Yusuf, I am not sure what you are doing, Jeff's solution would not work ....

Scott, here is my take with the plan attached.

Yes  Yusuf,  that is Dennis Gavin's method.  However you forgot to put an exterior finish on the non room def wall.

I think Gavin Dennis gets this weeks award for "Inspirational Achievements",  thanks again DG,  good stuff.

This is a single wall method, but is more complicated than my usual drywall wrap.

I've had to use a pass through (with the stucco wrap attached as a Blind) and a window; sharing the same opening.

Thanks Bill,  I must study your "blind" technique.  This is a typical case of pick your poison.  There is not a perfect  solution,  that being said,  I think DG Method is the least hassle.

Scott,

That video has me ROFLMAO.  Why don't you just create an Exterior Fixture Symbol (start with your Window) with the stucco surround? You can move that into the "Pass Thru" opening in any wall and resize it as needed to fit the opening.

Yes, I know it won't show up in the Window Schedule but you can put a wall off to the side in your Plan and add as many extra windows as you want to have them in the Schedule.

Scott,

That video has me ROFLMAO.  Why don't you just create an Exterior Fixture Symbol (start with your Window) with the stucco surround? You can move that into the "Pass Thru" opening in any wall and resize it as needed to fit the opening.

Yes, I know it won't show up in the Window Schedule but you can put a wall off to the side in your Plan and add as many extra windows as you want to have them in the Schedule.

Gee whiz Joe,  I thought Dennis's solution was much easier and more editable than creating symbols and then having to put another window off to the side and when the client changes the window size having to go about the process all over again.

Wow,  thanks for setting me straight.  

And yes I think CA should waste time creating the option to draw construction lines and as usual,  your solution was much more trouble than being able to create construction lines.

OK Scott,

I stand chastised.  I will refrain from suggesting any solutions to your problems from now on.

I'm not sure how my solutions to "Construction Lines" is more trouble - I've been using it for about 30 years (AutoCAD at first) and it was one of the first things I set up in my Chief Profile Plan.  I have the icon on my Toolbar to select the Layer and have a hotkey for it as well.

BTW, if CA would fix the Custom Window Symbols as I have requested in the past --- we wouldn't be having this discourse about the "Bucking Detail".