License Activation - deactivation

raltd9245

I just deactivated my X6 license on line but my X5 license does not show up. I had to use GoToMyPC to deactivate my X5 license in Seattle due to the fact that I'm is Phoenix. In my way of thinking I should be able to see my X5 and X6 licenses online. Anybody have a comment.

I understand chief encourages the use of activate and deactivate licenses on line but your situation is exactly the reason I always buy the dongle  even though CA has a long list of  reasons not to.

Just have to make sure you pack the dongle or dongles when you go to another location.

Have a great week ,Ken

Ron,

It would to me make sense for CA to have all of our licensed versions available for deactivation. OTOH, there would be no way for X5 to tell you to do it because that code isn't built into X5. But if you had a way to get to the "deactivate" web page then it should be available.

I have X5 & X6 activated on my office system right now. I'll be home in an hour and check to see if X5's available for deactivation.

Ron

I also see only the key for X6 in my locker, so for a test I did this

Deactivated the X6

Opened X5 - it went through the usual questions about startup options, but fired right up

Never asked for my product key

I can only assume (probably not the best word to use) that the key is stored & associated with my version of X5 on the server

Closed X5 and started X6 - it opened a dbx that listed my product key w/ the activation option -activated it and X6 started - no questions - straight to the software

Seems product keys associated to different versions should all be listed in the locker, as this is strange behavior IMO

I tried activating X5 at home and it wanted to use an emergency password.

Activating X6 went as expected - login to account, deactivate X6 - activate as normal.  Chief does need to add all current licenses to the Web-Site.  I have x3, X4, X5 & X6 using software locks.  Prior versions 9.5, 10 & X1 I have dongles for.

It's extremely important to have the product keys in Sync from one computer to the next when activating and deactivating.  It's easy to have this information not consistent from computer to computer with several betas and several recent upgrades.

yep, I'll stick with the hardware locks :)

I doubt if CA is going to retrofit for older versions

I suspect only X6 will be in digital locker

it will interesting to see what happens when X7 arrives

I'm suspecting that only X7 will be there

Lew

• 7 months later...