Door/window Schedules

nicknz

Go to solution Solved by Bill_Emery,

Ok - I don't like the way the doors/windows are labelled in the auto schedules, so I convert the door schedule to text but it changes the numbering on the plan to labels. I thought about changing the descriptions at source as this seems to be where the auto schedule gets them but it seems that these are based on the labels from CA's library descriptions, which I can't change and mean nothing to me or the supplier.  One way that does sort of work is to make a copy of the schedule and then convert the copy to text with the original auto schedule out of the layout box. This leaves my plan labels in place but the copy re-numbers the doors to CA's original sequence (I had previous changed the numbering in a sequence that reads sensibly) - so now I have to either manually change descriptions in the copy or place cad plan labels -which defeats the purpose of auto schedules really.

I want the auto numbering on the plan D1,D2 etc. with my descriptions in the schedules. I can remove the descriptions and header columns and just use the comments column but can't see a way to enter comments in an auto schedule without the text conversion. 

The upshot is I want it to look my way not CA's way but with CA's auto capabilities - am I missing something so close to my nose I cant see it.

post-171-0-14103600-1430717895_thumb.jpg post-171-0-66659700-1430717909_thumb.jpg

• Solution

Comments are added in the component dialog area .  Select a window of door and open the component icon, then scroll if necessary to find the comment section, and type anything you need.

Another interesting thing about the component dialog is that anything typed into the Code section of the dialog can be brought into the label with a macro.

This is a little known, but somewhat useful feature.  The code section is special in that it is the only area of the component dialog that is accessible in this way.

Perhaps of more use to you is that if you save a door to the user Library, you can give it any name you want.

Thanks Bill,

I knew it was in front of my nose somewhere...I'm intrigued by the macro process and will play with this and will take a few hours out to work on my own library catalogue as this seems to be a simple way of using repetitive components.  

Yes, I think it's a good idea to save windows and doors that have been customized to the library, as it will save a lot of editing of the schedule.

I've included a small plan that shows how information from the code column can be drawn into the label using a simple macro. I've used it here to designate new, and existing windows.

component code macro.plan