X 7 Shut Down

Byyourbuilder

I am having an issue with X7 . I only have one new plan started in X7 but this evening I started a new one an when I was finished for the night  I went to click (save as) and as soon as I did  a window opened an said X7 had a problem an had to close program... I tried rebooting several times and while in  the program working on the floor plan everything seems to work fine till you click save as.. also reinstalled X7 and same result.. Strange thing is X6 still installed works great ... probably need to call tech on Monday but trying to get a little work done before then and really would like to start it in X7....

THANKS for any help

We have had several people report problems when trying to do a "save as" that we have tracked down to Dell's backup and recovery software.

Jon posted this on another thread:

I have an Alienware Area-51 computer running windows 8.1 that started to cause CA to crash a couple of weeks ago. This happened when I was doing a "Save-As".

Tech Support traced the problem to Dells Backup and Recovery software " Alien Respawn. I deleted this software and things have been fine ever since.

Depending on the Dell model computer you are using the name may be different for the same program.

If your not using Dells Backup and Recovery, try deleting the program. What do you have to loose.

If uninstalling this software does not solve your problem, then you will probably have to contact support on Monday.

Dermot  Yer da Man   Deleted dell back up and recovery and all seems to be working fine now... strange that it worked fine for both X6 & X7 for a good while and just now only screwed up on X7 ... I used Dell backup but I am use to work arounds so I will work around their deleted software

THANKS  weekend wont be wasted after all

X7 just crashed on me too after a save as ..... I downloaded a plan file off the forum and did a Save As   so I'd have a backup to play with and Chief locked up in both Windows I had open ( I dragged a tab to my other monitor)  . I got a bit further though as I had right clicked on a Wall to open the DBX when it locked up, had to use Task Manager to get out and then Rebooted.

M.