Custom Appliance Panels

JenniZ

I have searched everywhere to find a video or explanation as to how to do paneled appliances to match the cabinetry.

I want to be able to have the appliance in the fixture schedule and the panel in the cabinet schedule.  Could someone point me in the right direction or send me a video link. 

I feel like I'm definitely missing something because it shouldn't be that difficult to do.

Thanks!!

I'm not aware of any built-in models that will accommodate this. I just use a cabinet and configure and size the doors and/or drawers according to the manufacturers specs. Not sure how this will be reflected in the schedules. If the you wish the fridge to be there just make the cab really thin and position it in front of the appliance.

Graham

Mark thanks for attaching that plan it was very helpful. I am going to put this in the suggestion box for CA because it would be great if there was an easier way to achieve this.

Have a great weekend!

Jenni- in the meantime just clean that one up a bit-(fix counter height and toe kick depth) Block it and place your library. Reuse it and adjust the cabinet on the front to match whatever your using. Then make one for fridges, or whatever else you need.

Mark, I haven't looked to see what you did but here's how I would do this:

1. Get a Cabinet Door from the Library and place it "free-standing" in the Plan

2. Size it as needed

3. Marquee Select and Block it

4. Open the Components dbx and change the Description to "Refrig Panel"

a. You can also specify the Mfr, and Comments in this dbx that you want to appear in the Schedule.

5. Open the Object dbx and check "Include in Schedule" / "Cabinet"

6. Add it to the Library.

Now you can copy it from the Library, place it where needed. It will be in the Cabinet Schedule as a separate item and will have a "Cabinet Label". You would need to do this for each Style but you could change the size by selecting the Block, hitting Tab and Opening the dbx.  The Label and Size in the dbx will reflect those changes.

Note: You don't have to add it to the Library. I would do this only if I expected to be using the same size and style in the future.

Joe, what I did (in a rush) was make a symbol for a dishwasher that is 23.25 deep, included a 3.75 x 4.5 toe space (subtraction thanks to JC :). Made it an appliance and put in library. Leave everything else set as default.

Place new DW symbol. Place base cab-toe hgt = 0, height off floor =4.5, hgt= 29.75, width =23.75, depth =.75.

Add a 3/4 thick stick (from my library) for a toe kick, (uncheck show in schedule for that item and suppress label)

Placed a custom counter on top- set the height and thickness -not from cabinet.

Block it all, add to library. Do Not check treat as one in schedule.

You can tab through the block to change to whatever you need for your cabinets are- full overlay 0 reveal, inset, door panel and false drawer, door panel, change dimensions, toe height to 4" BUT you only have to change what doesn't use defaults. Label can be set to mfg code.

Tab do the DW symbol-open components to list Mfg, etc.

Cabinet shows in schedule with correct dimensions and label you give it, DW shows in appliance schedule.

I'm glad this came up since this just occurred to me last night when reading. In the past I'd tried all the usual work-arounds, I like this better.

What I have not yet played with is getting the DW to show the mfg size in the schedule while occupying a 24" wide space.

It would be swell to be able to set the height off the floor based on a default toe height but I'll just make a second one for 4" toe. then will make a couple of fridges...after I finish this office complex.