Beginner question - where is my floor?

Nicinus

After creating a floor plan I noticed in camera view that I don't have any flooring? Under what circumstances could I end up in that situation?

Perhaps I should mention that the floor plan was generated from the space planning tool. I haven't touched the camera view set, and the 'layer floor, surfaces' is visible.

Nic

Do you not have a floor finish or the plywood or the slab or the framing........ come on bud, you have got to learn that there are multiple possibilities and without a plan or at least a picture, it's only a guess.

The only reason I am replying is because I am stuck watching Caillou with my grandson. My wife has recorded about 10 episodes for my grandson, of course that means there is no room on the VCR for my episodes of The Housewives Of Atlanta. What ever happened to a man's house is his castle. And you know what, as soon as he grows out of this show, he has a little sister that will further confound my viewing pleasures.

In the floor plan view, double click the room that you would like to add/modify the flooring in.  In the 'Room Specification' click on the structure tab, and edit the Floor Finish.  It's toward the bottom of the dialog.  These settings can all be setup in the default settings for your plan.

Well, I've had my fair share of Caillou. He's spell-binding compared to the 100's of Dora episodes I had to watch with my daughter.

Let's approach my question more as a workflow issue so I feel less stupid.

1) Why is the 'floor supplied by the foundation below' suddenly default (instead of 'floor under this room')? Is that because I started with the space planning tool?

2) Now that all rooms are like this, do I have to change them one by one or is there a better way?

1. Don't know, did you call it a garage?

2. Probably but try this. Select enough interior walls so that when you change these to non room def., you can select the one remaining room, change to no longer floor supplied by room below, and then change walls back to room def.

Dora? Maybe that is what I will watch with his sister. Can my life get any more miserable?

After creating a floor plan I noticed in camera view that I don't have any flooring? Under what circumstances could I end up in that situation?

I agree with Scott in that you need to post at least a screen capture if not a copy of your plan, to not do so makes us have to guess and there are LOTS of wrong guesses based on sparse data from you. (Just like you, we like to be right for you and ourselves)

Welcome to the Forum!

Important post/thread you should read:

How to get good answers when you ask questions

and

Forum Guidelines

I would open the space's Room Specification Dialog - Structure Tab and make sure that the "Floor Finish" is not set to "Zero inches" in thickness ( a common cause of "no floor", Zero inches thickness = no visible floor)

When anything is a miss, the first thing you should get interested in is Dialog Box Settings, find out what they are for by way of study and practice; this software runs or fails to run based upon Default Settings and dialog box settings. There are countless numbers of them to find out about....Start!

DJP

I would open the space's Room Specification Dialog - Structure Tab and make sure that the "Floor Finish" is not set to "Zero inches" in thickness ( a common cause of "no floor", Zero inches thickness = no visible floor)

DJP

David,

I think this is incorrect.

You don't have to have a Floor Finish - Floor Finish can be zero and you can still have a Floor Structure that will display. 

The floor finish is 7/8" and set to default so I don't think that is it.

As I said above the room was set to 'Floor Supplied by the Foundation Below' in the default dbx, whereas normally the box above 'Floor Under This Room' is  the one checked I assume, and I was merely wondering if anyone knew why and under which circumstances this happens. 

I made a very small floor plan in a new file with the space planning tool just to test, and this time 'Floor Under This Room' was indeed checked and the camera view had floors so I doesn't seem to be due to the space planning tool.