Need Help Please. 1 Story With Bonus Over Garage.

Kihara

i am trying to figure out how to place a bonus room over garage on a single story home.  Thank you for the help!

I have layed out the entire floor plan including garage. I cant figure out how to add bonus room without adding a 2nd story to the entire plan. And without having the heighth of the garage being 2 story

post-3169-0-05833100-1430274638_thumb.jpg

i tryed that and when i added the perimeter walls in, it didnt sync with the first floor plan or i didnt do something properly.

use the reference layer as noted above and then the Align Wall Tool in the edit Toolbar if needed

http://www.chiefarchitect.com/support/article/KB-00475/38/Chief-Architect/Floors/Turning-On-the-Reference-Display.html

and I'd suggest watching a lot more of the training manuals and downloading the Reference Manual PDF too , or you are only going to get more and more frustrated, this is complex software.

please check out this thread Too

https://chieftalk.chiefarchitect.com/index.php?/topic/4969-learning-to-use-chief-architect/

All of the above is correct but you can press build second floor and check build your own..reference the first floor and draw your walls and then align them...

A full second floor just add a roof but if you have your rafters at the top plate of floor #1 it's a new ballgame...Just finished one like that myself...

• Upvote 1

i found my problem!  Thanks for all of the help!  My exterior walls were not continuous for some reason.  The left, right, and back were continuous but the front wall for some reason wasnt conecting all the way at each end.  Now just have to figure out how to build the stairs!  Thanks