Lost Wall Texture Within Deck Area.....

Tony_Sterba

Go to solution Solved by Tony_Sterba,

This has happened many times before (see attachment) , and I usually draw a thin 3D poly overtop to fix it.  There  has to be an easier way and/or an explanation for this.

I have the same techniques for every house I do - and about 5% of them have the same problem as the attached jog shows.  Any advice as to why this is happening?  I am using X7 - but this has happened in every version since X2.  As I mentioned - maybe 5% of the time this happens, so it is easy enough to deal with -- just want to know if there is a solution.

Thanks

post-621-0-32350100-1429875994_thumb.jpg

I attached the plan in *.zip format.  If anyone can give me any info - that would be great.

Thanks in advance!!

I downloaded file,  opened file,  opened YOUR camera,  and this is what I get.  It looks good to me,  I am on X7.

post-50-0-92322500-1429968958_thumb.jpg

I downloaded file,  opened file,  opened YOUR camera,  and this is what I get.  It looks good to me,  I am on X7.

There was a similar post on this happening just a few days ago. I observed in that one and also in this that it only occurs in certain regions around shadows. If I compare your pic versus the original posters pic there is a significant difference in the shadow intensity. Yours is far less aggressive. In the prior post I had suggested that the poster examine sun angles to see if there was an actual relationship, unfortunately they never responded back.

Graham

Not sure if this is the problem. The porch is defined as a room. If you click on the region where the missing texture is and open the room dbx - Materials-Walls the finish is defined as drywall. Maybe this should be changed to your siding. Could be the drywall finish is interfering with the siding. The area lacking texture is exactly the wall portion of this room. 

Graham

Joe - I apologize for not making mention that you had identified this as the likely cause. Didn't pay full attention to your post prior to doing my own investigation. However, as you have often cautioned us in the past about the evils that lie within that "Paint Spray Can", it compelled me to look in that direction. Maybe that can should be renamed "College Pro Painter" and then a new one created and fixed named "Professional Painter".

Many Thanks,

Graham

Don't see the issue here either , perhaps video card related ? same computer throughout?

The default material for the Porch (deck) Room is Drywall which was painted with Siding so perhaps Joe is correct? I tried a number of different configs with shadows which didn't change anything , more good evidence I think , not to Paint walls but to change the material in the Wall's DBX to the desired one.....

You also have an exterior wall in the garage , (the left hand foyer/entry ) wall , and some other weirdness in the garage with the roof I think... see pic

and it looks like neither wall of the Foyer/entry is align with the exterior wall it butts into...see pic

post-315-0-63981800-1430106522_thumb.jpg

post-315-0-53330600-1430106534_thumb.jpg

• Solution

Bloody hell people!!  I have to go back to Chief Architect kindergarten and review everything.   Thank you all for your time and comments.  I use Chief for exterior renderings only - not actual blueprints.  Some things are "pieced" together to print a pretty picture - and not actual constriction drawings.

Hey dshall - did you do something to the camera, light settings or anything?  Your quick jog image looks a lot better than mine!

Thanks to all who responded. Your opinions and advice make me a better user of CA. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

I apologize for marking it answered in my own post.  I did what Joe Carrick mentioned and opened the "Deck/Porch" Room and changed the Wall Material to siding.  It worked perfect.  I didn't think anyone else needed to attempt to fix the problem seeing that it was resolved.  Sorry about that everyone.