Exterior Trim Color Two Different Colors

BFogarty

did you try going inside to toggle it and come back out as I did? seemed to work for me but only that way ...

M.

Yup.....no luck.  I think when I originally created that paint color I screwed something up.  Don't know what or how, that's my gut.

Thanks Glen , was playing around as I thought perhaps it had something to do with whether I had a backdrop enabled or not but I discovered that it appears if I am inside in 3D I can toggle the lights and when I am outside it has no effect , if I go inside set the light off and go back outside it stays off......at least on this plan.....very weird.

M.

M,

You aren't dragging the one camera from inside to outside or visa versa are you?

M,

You aren't dragging the one camera from inside to outside or visa versa are you?

I am/was actually just using the arrow keys....... not dragging in plan view just staying in the 3D view .... not good?

M.

Here you go....the only thing I did was change the angle of the sun.

Yikes!  Glad you pointed that out though.  What I don't get and was kind of my original question is;  Why have I never seen this type of shading before (never seen anything turn black like that, and I don't ever change the sun angle)?  After I changed the trim color and got it to look like I normally see it (no black like before), there was some shadowing (obvious stuff), but nothing to the extent where this started from.

I know sometimes it just best to just deal with it and move on, not to put too much thought into it......this might be one of those!

Thanks Joey

I only really notice it on darker colors, or on colors that have a "matte" finish. There is a setting the color DBX for that color of red, that will allow you to change to emissiveness ( I think) that will show better in 3D.

Gotcha