Room Divider Keeps Changing To A Regular Wall

ericepv

Go to solution Solved by DRAWZILLA,

I am having a problem with room dividers. There are a few in my plan (attached) which I am using to desiginate areas for different flooring. My problem is that when I draw in the room divider, it changes to an interior wall. When I open the object to change the wall type back to "Room Divider", it just changes back to "Interior 4". In the front entry (by the stairs) there is also a void in the ceiling above the stairway support wall which goes away when I delete the Room Divider. 

74 Master-X7-rev.zip

I also can't see a problem with Room Divider walls.

Room Divider walls will auto convert to a normal wall if there is a difference in the floor or ceiling levels.

This is enable the correct wall to display at the change in level.

I just downloaded the latest update for X7 (17.1.2.2) and that seems to have solved the problem. I did not know about the ceiling height issue that Glen mentioned so I used a floor material region in this arae as per Perry's suggestion. Thanks all for your input.

If all you want is a portion of the floor to be a different material, then the floor material region will work great.

If what you really want is separate areas, with different room labels and to show up separately in your room finish schedule, then you should use room dividers (or invisible walls).  As noted by Glenn, room dividers will be automatically converted into invisible walls in any situation where the floor/ceiling structure will be different.