Pocket & Surface Sliding Door Library

Joe_Carrick

It seems to me that the way Chief is displaying the sliding pocket doors in plan is fine.  It's no different than we would have done manually and is as far as I can see not a problem.  I've never tried to actually show the pocket.  Does it really need to be that detailed at scale?

Joe, the plan view is just wrong , the full pocket should be shown so people don't put plumbing or electrical or med. cabs. in that wall.

Sorry Perry but I thought you were smarter than to do that.  ;)

I don't do that but, someone could do it very easily. Chief should just show it they way we use to when we drew it by hand. We aren't the only ones who look at the plans.

I have always drawn the "pocket" so closet, cabinet builders, etc. all know they have to do extra framing if something is against that area. Plumbers are notorious for planning to use any wall close by for the stack or vent even if a stack is clearly shown somewhere else. They seem to notice if the wall looks different.

• 1 year later...

I agree with Perry, that should be shown on the plan so it can be visually referenced. I'm sure for CA it would be an easy fix, all they have to do is set the doors code parameters for a pocket door to be 2 X door width + 1"  and Door height + 4 1/2"  and maybe in a plan view  show the door's actual opening by using a dashed line.

Sometimes you have a door, especially if you design your plans for contractors or even homeowners, and if they want to move a wall in the field, at least they can see the outline of the rough opening of that door.

This is what I started doing when showing the door in a plan view, because on a few occasions the customers said let's move this wall, seeing there is some room left with a door being there, this way now they can see the exact opening. So IMO that is a very important feature.

post-4069-0-44087700-1455837295_thumb.jpg

• 1 year later...