Pocket & Surface Sliding Door Library

Joe_Carrick

Attached is a Library of Pocket and Surface Sliding Doors with Pull Hardware included. There are Symbols for Closed, Open 18" and Open 26".

I set the z-origin at 1/2" so that there's a 1/2" gap between the floor and the bottom of the door.

The surface Sliding Doors are exactly the same as the Pocket Doors except that I offset the y-origin -4" to move the door outside of the wall.  This works in 3D but not in Plan View.  There's also a Symbol for the Surface Door Frame/Track.

Note:  I still need to work on a "Broken Arch" Raised Panel Door.

I would like to request that CA do the following:

1.  Add an option for Door Symbols that specifies Door Type so that any door symbol inserted by selecting from the Library would use that designation (IOW, if the Librarty option was "Pocket" or "Sliding" that it would be inserted into a wall as that Type.

2.  Add the ability to switch the "swing side" of a "Pocket" door so that the y-offset value would be reversed (+/-) in the 3D Views.

4.  Make the Plan View of Pocket Doors consistent with the 3D y-origin offset.  This would make it work for Surface Sliding Doors.

5.  Fix the problems with Casings disappearing when Doors are edited in the dbx.  This might only occur with door symbols - I'm not really sure what causes it but it is really annoying.

6.  Don't suppress the Door Jambs just because the Casings are suppressed.  There are cases where we need Jambs without Casings.

7.  Fix the RO, Header Size and Framing for Pocket Doors.

8.  Bullnose Casings (Flush with Drywall)

This implies that the Door Frame is automatically the full wall thickness (minus the finish wall materials).

Or, perhaps no casings but with a Bullnose edge on the Drywall the dies into the Door Frame (1/4" overlap

of the Frame).

Sliding Doors with Pull Hardware.zip

• Upvote 8

BTW, There are Shaker Style Panel Doors (1 & 2 Panels) which can have the Panels assigned any material - including Glass.  In addition, there are Raise Panel Doors (2,4 & 6 Panels). 

All of the Doors have 3 versions - Closed, 18" Open & 26" Open.

ps:  If you download the Library it would be nice if you'd boost my reputation.  ;)

• Upvote 6

Attached is a Library of Pocket and Surface Sliding Doors with Pull Hardware included. There are Symbols for Closed, Open 18" and Open 26".

I set the z-origin at 1/2" so that there's a 1/2" gap between the floor and the bottom of the door.

The surface Sliding Doors are exactly the same as the Pocket Doors except that I offset the y-origin -4" to move the door outside of the wall.  This works in 3D but not in Plan View.  There's also a Symbol for the Surface Door Frame/Track.

Note:  I still need to work on a "Broken Arch" Raised Panel Door.

I would like to request that CA do the following:

1.  Add an option for Door Symbols that specifies Door Type so that any door symbol inserted by selecting from the Library would use that designation (IOW, if the Librarty option was "Pocket" or "Sliding" that it would be inserted into a wall as that Type.

2.  Add the ability to switch the "swing side" of a "Pocket" door so that the y-offset value would be reversed (+/-) in the 3D Views.

4.  Make the Plan View of Pocket Doors consistent with the 3D y-origin offset.  This would make it work for Surface Sliding Doors.

5.  Fix the problems with Casings disappearing when Doors are edited in the dbx.  This might only occur with door symbols - I'm not really sure what causes it but it is really annoying.

6.  Don't suppress the Door Jambs just because the Casings are suppressed.  There are cases where we need Jambs without Casings.

7.  Fix the RO, Header Size and Framing for Pocket Doors.

Joe,

As my Father the carpenter used to say. " you hit the nail on the head Son" . And you have to know that my favorite color is orange. Chief programmers, are you listening? This is not to much to ask for a Mature program that markets its features as being professionally proficient. This is so bad that I'm being teased about it.

Ron

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm still using X4 so therefore I'm getting a message telling me this is for a later version. Is there any way for me to use these symbols without having to purchase a later version? 

It would require exporting them (each symbol) from X6 to the 3DS format and then importing them into X4.  It can be done, but it's pretty time consuming.  I have X4, X5 & X6 all installed on my system but I rarely do any work in prior versions just because the latest version is IMO better.

Joe,

As my Father the carpenter used to say. " you hit the nail on the head Son" . And you have to know that my favorite color is orange. Chief programmers, are you listening? This is not to much to ask for a Mature program that markets its features as being professionally proficient. This is so bad that I'm being teased about it.

Ron

Dan,

Where does Chief sit on this? IMO this should already be part of the program. I think we all would like to hear when some of these shortcomings will be addressed. Can I add Hollow metal doors and frames. It would be great to have the ability to shoe a HM frame shape in place of std casings. Just my two cents worth.

Ron or as Scott calls me the chromogen

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Doors, Windows and pretty much every other part of the program have deficiencies. We know about many, probably not all. We prioritize things based on what we perceive are the things people need the most. In some cases this is based on who is squeaking the loudest, but usually it is about how many people are asking for something.

Keep asking for stuff. What you want is what we want.

Doors, Windows and pretty much every other part of the program have deficiencies. We know about many, probably not all. We prioritize things based on what we perceive are the things people need the most. In some cases this is based on who is squeaking the loudest, but usually it is about how many people are asking for something.

Keep asking for stuff. What you want is what we want.

DOUG,

WE HAVE BEEN ASKING FOR DOOR CHANGES SINCE VER 9.5. IT TOOK I DON'T KNOW HOW MANY VERSIONS FOR YOU TO ADD A PATIO DOOR, WHICH IMO IS STANDARD IN 99% OF RESIDENCES. THE INTERIOR AND EXTERIOR DOOR IN THE DBX ISN'T VERY USEFULL. I HAVE NEVER SPECIFIED A DOOR WITH DIFFERENT MATERIALS IN AND OUT MAYBE COLOR ONLY. THERE MUST BE A WAY TO HANDLE THAT.

rON

One more thing I'd really like:

Bullnose Casings (Flush with Drywall)

This implies that the Door Frame is automatically the full wall thickness (minus the finish wall materials).

Or, perhaps no casings but with a Bullnose edge on the Drywall the dies into the Door Frame (1/4" overlap of the Frame).

• Upvote 1

• 8 months later...

I would love if the pocket doors would look real in plan view and would frame correctly!!!! The rough opening to be correct or to make it symbol that is like a prefab pocket door. It should now that it can only be so close to a corner... This would be a big help for the framers and so i do not have to draw a detail for them all the time...

Also please please make door side lites DOORS!! that are fixed. So they go on the right layer and have the same settings as doors, so i can adjust the side lite panels and glazing...

I don't have X7 but one of the "fixes" is apparently Pocket Door Framing  :)   according to the Whats New PDF ,hopefully works as advertised....

Also please please make door side lites DOORS!! that are fixed. So they go on the right layer and have the same settings as doors, so i can adjust the side lite panels and glazing...

that however +1  ,might need to go in the suggestions forum though Phil.

I would love if the pocket doors would look real in plan view and would frame correctly!!!! The rough opening to be correct or to make it symbol that is like a prefab pocket door. It should now that it can only be so close to a corner... This would be a big help for the framers and so i do not have to draw a detail for them all the time...

Also please please make door side lites DOORS!! that are fixed. So they go on the right layer and have the same settings as doors, so i can adjust the side lite panels and glazi

It seems that they have unsuccessfully addressed the subject

It seems to me that the way Chief is displaying the sliding pocket doors in plan is fine.  It's no different than we would have done manually and is as far as I can see not a problem.  I've never tried to actually show the pocket.  Does it really need to be that detailed at scale?