Unable To Build Terrain.

ladycoralie

Go to solution Solved by HumbleChief,

G'Day. I'm experiencing problems trying to build a terrain for my plan. It is on a gently sloping block, but the only part that slopes is the back right corner, underneath the great room and the walk out basement. The rest of the back yard is mostly flat with a slight dip down to the walk out basement and the front of the block is flat. I have tried all sorts of different ways in setting elevation lines but can't get just this corner to slope down. Can anyone help me with this problem please?

Thanks.

Here is the link. https://onedrive.liv...433C5FEBEB7!108

First off, I would open the Terrain Specification dbx and uncheck Automatic for the Pad Elevation.

Enter zero for pad elevation.

Now all your terrain data will relate to the zero or upper floor level.

(let me know if you have real world elevation data and I would suggest something else).

I would then use Elevation Regions to locate all the flat areas. 

Follow this up with Elevation Lines to shape the rest of the terrain. 

Hope it helps Greg and oh man Ray, if you only knew the pain terrains have caused me. I really have no idea how that worked for that plan but doing the videos is a great way to learn stuff and just recently I had a plan that a fairly complicated  actually came out OK and I've learned anything short of the elevation regions will make you (and the OP I'm thinkin') nuts as you probably know.

Hey HumbleChief! It worked!!!!Yay! Thankyou so much for that video. After several tries i finally got it. I didn't know what terrain regions were and so I fooled around with them as you showed and voila! Here's the link: https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=C06FB433C5FEBEB7%21110

Believe it or not I had to rename it as I deleted the old plan and OneDrive wouldn't let me upload it - telling me it was an empty file?????? solution was to rename it.

Thanks again. I'm new to all of this. I'm not an architect, I'm just trying to design a house for my sister and I. This will be our first home and we are going to show some designs to our builder in an attempt to cut down on some costs and also let him know what we have in mind. Besides that, it is a lot of fun designing, but I'm having a lot of teething problems as I am entirely self taught and haven't got a clue what I'm doing and am learning the program as I go.  I'm sure our builder will set me straight. :P

Thanks to everyone for your suggestions, and especially a big thanks to HumbleChief for that awesome video!

Cheers! :D

Sure did Larry, and I know what a pain in the A$$ terrains can be...and the only thing that would give me hard time. . But this was the best terrain video I've seen and I tried doing same on a few plans I had laying around and it was a breeze. 

Thanks again!!!

Hey HumbleChief! It worked!!!!Yay! Thankyou so much for that video. After several tries i finally got it. I didn't know what terrain regions were and so I fooled around with them as you showed and voila! Here's the link: https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=C06FB433C5FEBEB7%21110

Believe it or not I had to rename it as I deleted the old plan and OneDrive wouldn't let me upload it - telling me it was an empty file?????? solution was to rename it.

Thanks again. I'm new to all of this. I'm not an architect, I'm just trying to design a house for my sister and I. This will be our first home and we are going to show some designs to our builder in an attempt to cut down on some costs and also let him know what we have in mind. Besides that, it is a lot of fun designing, but I'm having a lot of teething problems as I am entirely self taught and haven't got a clue what I'm doing and am learning the program as I go.  I'm sure our builder will set me straight. :P

Thanks to everyone for your suggestions, and especially a big thanks to HumbleChief for that awesome video!

Cheers! :D

Nice job/ Looks perfect. And remember those numbers I chose were pretty arbitrary, if you want to raise/lower the terrain just add/subtract from the elevations.