How Can I Convert My Architects Pdf Plan To Chief Plan

martinconst

Not entirely true...... you can convert a file that was an original DWG file that was converted to a PDF back to a DWG file with programs like PDF2Cad and others. ( It can't be a scanned set of plans for and example from PDF back to a DWG..... only works if the file is saved as a PDF from a CAD DWG file. There are also programs like Simlabs Composer that can convert 3D PDF's into many formats as well....... but Chief hasn't gotten here yet....... but there is hope with Autodesk as the new owner.)

From here you'd have to import into Chief as a DWG file and convert to walls........

Perry's suggestion is the fasts way for Chief.

I mention this because we often need to convert parts or pieces of Engineering drawings...plot survey's etc that are PDF back to DWG so we can work on various pieces. ...... if you have a lot of detail it's eaiser to convert. One example might be a detaill cross section that you need to make modification to or add information. We usually don't go back into  Chief for this kind of work but another cad program but a very handy tool in your arsenal.

Blessings,

Kevin

That video was pretty good. I've done a hundred as builts from scanned plans and never even knew there was a Point to Point Resize button. Great tool that I'll use from now on.

Larry, I think that that is my favorite tool. Use it all the time for everything from kitchens to terrain & cad.