Roof Rafter Labels Using For Take-Off

VisualDandD

Great!   At least I know I am not crazy when I thought this would be a good idea.   At first, no one seemed to respond to the idea so I was wondering if I was the only one that saw value in it.   To me, it really does a good job of presenting information in a way we actually use it in the "real world"

As for the pic you posted, would you mind sharing how you did that?   Is that an automatic macro or did you manually create it?   It would be awesome if you could have a table like that which was automatically populated from the roof plan in plan view. 

Glenn did a cut and paste of the ML Buy List onto his Plan view to get what you see in his pic as I understand his later comment.

I've posted a "Framing Line Label" in the "Content" forum that can be used in lieu of the "Joist Direction Line".  It provides a more accurate description of the Type of Framing.

https://chieftalk.chiefarchitect.com/index.php?/topic/4871-framing-line-label/#entry41943

Joe,

Your macro can't really be used in lieu of the Joist Direction Line.

The Joist Direction Line can be used to specify and build the framing, whilst as good as your macro is, it can only be used to report the framing, it can't control the framing.

I think this one of the best uses of ruby I have seen.

It can be easily used in conjunction with the Materials List to produce a buy list that directly relates to the framing plan.

In this example I have consolidated any lengths under 6'.

Although I dare say that the experts could probably produce a buy list using Ruby and the length values?

Did some poking around and we do have some capability but needs to be hooked up. I demo some of the concepts.

http://youtu.be/ISPpRemL420

Refers to getting better data access. If your not interested in data access in Chief -- don't waste your time.

• 1 month later...