Pocket Doors - Half Open Tip

Joe_Carrick

In order to have a half open Pocket Door in 3D:

1.  Use a Door Symbol with the x origin offset 1/2 of the Door Width.

2.  You need to copy the desired door to your User Library, open it and adjust the x origin.

3.  Now, insert that Door in the Wall and make it a "Pocket Door".

post-47-0-29841100-1395415010_thumb.jpg

• Upvote 1

I'm working on a set of Pocket Door Symbols with Pulls.  Here's an example of the 3 doors I've done so far.

1.  Single Panel (Shaker style - closed and open)

2.  Double Panel (Shaker style - closed and open)

3.  Slab (closed and open)

I also want to do Single and Double Raised Panel and Single and Double Glass Panel.

Does anyone have any other desired styles? 

Should the open Doors be more or less open?  Currently they are 1/2 open but I could make them more or less.

post-47-0-66844700-1395503045_thumb.jpg

Joe:

Thanks ... I assumed that is what you meant confirmed after rereading your 1st post.  It is hard to understand why we don't have the option to show the door in the half-open position like the symbol shows in plan.

I have customers that like the 4 and 6 panel standard door styles and I occasionally get requests for Sante Fe styled doors with the broken arch in the top panel frame.  

Cliff,

I'll work on those as well.  Currently I'm up to the point where all the materials are editable (Stiles, Rails, Upper and Lower Panels) and I've also included offsets of y=5 & y=-5 to accommodate "Barn Sliding" but I need to generate 2D Blocks and symbols for the Surface Pocket Tracks.

This will be a Library of over 40 Symbols before I'm done.  It's a kludge vs a software fix, but IMO it's safer to do it this way.  I don't have a lot of faith that CA would get it right in software.  :D;) ;)

In order to have a half open Pocket Door in 3D:

1.  Use a Door Symbol with the x origin offset 1/2 of the Door Width.

2.  You need to copy the desired door to your User Library, open it and adjust the x origin.

3.  Now, insert that Door in the Wall and make it a "Pocket Door".

JOE,

The offset has me baffled. I'm just a stupid ole man as the troll says.

JOE,

The offset has me baffled. I'm just a stupid ole man as the troll says.

Open the Door Symbol in the Library.  On the General Tab set the x-origin to 15" (1/2 of the width of a 30" door).  This will move the 3D symbol so that it's 15" away from the strike side.  When you place that Door as a Pocket Door it will appear half open.

You can download theLibrary that I posted - it has symbols for "Closed, 18" Open & 26" Open".  Note that when you place one of these in a wall it will be "Hinged" which is of course not what you want so just change the Type to "Pocket".