Framing Issue..

gdesignbuild

Hello fellow Chief Architecter's!

I have a little problem that I was hoping somebody could help me out with. I noticed in one of my framing cross sections that there is a horizontal member that I do not want there. I could not figure it out and upon opening the framing orthographic view, I noticed that it is the bottom plate for the upper portion of the wall. The wall will be ballon-framed but with that setting on I cannot seem to get rid of the framing member. Being a gable wall, it is not load bearing and the door opening will just be stacked. This is an RV garage with a small office/mezzanine in the back. If I have to draw manually I suppose I could do that as well. Pics and the plans attached if anyone has any ideas.

Oshawa Garage.plan

post-400-0-48066200-1427937035_thumb.jpg

post-400-0-63765400-1427937045_thumb.jpg

The framing problem is caused because you have 2 walls occupying the same space.

The lower wall is defined as Balloon Through Ceiling Above. 

You also have a wall drawn in the same location on the floor above.

To see this, have a look at the wall diagrams in the Wall Specification dbx's.

I would start by unchecking Balloon Through Ceiling Above.

You also have some floor and wall settings on Level 2 that don't look correct which I haven't got time to look at now.

Thanks guys! I did it manually in the 3D view as I could not select framing members in the cross section view. It has been my first time fooling around with framing manually, or at least this much. The client has little building experience but wants to build it himself so would like lots of details with dimensions, etc.

One other question that I had: Is there a way to specify a single top plate for one specific wall?