Ray Trace Queuing And Lighting

amddrafting

Is there a way to set up scenes to queue without having to keep every light on?  Meaning, if I set the raytrace in que does it remember which lights I had turned on and off for that particular shot?  This would be in order to have 8 shots render overnight without me having to baby sit them all day.

• 3 years later...

I'd appreciate it if someone could take a look at this old post (April 2015) and let me know the actual answer to whether or not you can set up raytraces in a queue, each with different lights turned on.  In other words, set up scene 1 with certain lights on, start raytrace on that scene; set up scene 2 with different lights on, start raytrace on that scene, etc.  As the original poster said, it is handy to do overnight work this way.  Of course, best if one tests the raytrace(s) first by running it with a smaller image size. 

Thanks in advance!

Yes you can queue up as many scenes as you like. When you send a scene to Ray Trace it generates the coding based upon the lights and materials in the scene at the time you send it. You can then change anything you want and then send it to Ray Trace, it writes the code for this one which is separate from the code written for the first one.