Window Library in CA16 reversed ?

Maurice

Metric version latest patch running windows 7 64bit

I have a massive custom window library, with double awning windows blocked together etc

In CA15 and before way back to CA4 the double awning windows defaulted to upper section as movable size which was set to define upper and lower window section sizes.

In CA 16 this has been replaced by bottom component size instead.

Now all my windows in library's are reversed with large section to bottom small section to top instead of other way, in the library preview windows in 2d view it shows window correct with large section to top, but the 3D view below it shows the reverse which is how the window inserts with large section to bottom

Can this pleased be fixed so windows default correctly on import of libraries into CA16 and fix library previews to both show correct view,

or have I missed some new setting for conversion ?

In addition any plans drawn on previous versions have same windows displaying correctly in CA16 except now they have a single lite across top window section in double awning windows, if you copy that same window in plan it retains same characteristics, however if you try to insert same window from library it inserts it in reverse with top and lower sections reversed in size as per above post

Looks to me as if dialog box should be adjusted to make it top component size and use values of top instead of bottom, not bottom components size and values

• 1 month later...

As nothing has been fixed yet I started to manually adjust window library's so I could use CA16 but came up with another problem, In double awning type windows in past with lites, if the top section of window was twice the size of lower section it would automatically reduce number of lites in lower section ie 2 vertical lites in upper section was 1 in lower section, in CA16 2 lites in top section is still 2 lites in bottom section, which looks ridiculous and out of proportion. This feature needs to be returned or have a independent setting for top and bottom sections of window not one setting for both areas, as these sections are different sizes in most windows

yes tried all the combinations but you cannot get a correct amount of lites in upper and lower section no matter what you do.

I emailed Tech support and they replied that this should all be fixed in next patch being released in next few weeks, Unfortunately I have added a lot more stuff in existing CA16 library now, and I hope the patch doesn't require reimporting library from CA15 for the fix

I'm not sure what you are trying to get, but in Glenn's picture, you can see that there are two vertical lites in the upper section and only one in the lower.  The trick is to make sure the "auto adjust" is turned on and then set the number of lites to what you want in the lower section.  The program then automatically adjusts the number in the upper section to make them close to the same size.  The other thing you can do, if you don't want any lites in either the bottom or top section is just turn them off.

CAs image links are not working to check glens, but glens showed 2 vertical panels in top section with none in bottom, you cannot get 3 vertical in top section with none in bottom section while retaining a horizonatal lite in bottom section, like you could in previous versions of CA, it just depends on proportion of top and bottom sections to get enough glass panels for sizes of 2 sections. Different brands vary but in a full length window 2030 usually 2 sections are top 1430 or 1350 and bottom section 600 or 680 so 1 lite in 1430 is not enough

I could get a double awning window to give me a 6/2 lite configuration just by playing with the bottom size.  You may need to play with your sash and component sizes but you still might not be able to get the right lites with the exact component sizes you want.  I think you already nailed this when you said what we really need is to be able to adjust the number of lites in each component.  The auto adjust is a little bit wacky.  You should send in a feature request.

post-844-0-73851000-1398995501_thumb.jpg

I did send it in as a bug report as stated above, when the patch comes out that's suppose to fix all this it will be interested to see if that's what happens, otherwise yes a feature request for future version would be good