How To Manually Changing Window Labels?

HumbleChief

Go to solution Solved by HumbleChief,

Ok buddy, here is the way I do labels , very simple to do as log as you set it up correctly in your template plan.

http://screencast.com/t/BDH6cxgWZAnh

Thanks for taking the time Perry. Good system for sure but I was wondering - Do you use one plan for your as built and remodel plans? Or do you save the as-built then create a second remodel plan, from the as built, using your system on the remodel plan?

Custom home would be different template all together, but similar. I set up the template for as builts, then with a few changes I'm ready for the remodel. once the as-built is done , its just a "save as existing" then continue with the remodel plan

Here is what I start with template wise, of course it changes as you go along.

http://screencast.com/t/2AD1ckxAEH7

So very helpful Perry. Really really appreciate your time and explanation. I've got a very cobbled together system, that is an insult to the word system and it really takes time doing things over and over. Not everything but too much to be efficient. Must learn a new system and yours is an inspiration that I'll use some pieces from for sure.  Again thank you for your time and effort.

Here is what I start with template wise, of course it changes as you go along.

http://screencast.com/t/2AD1ckxAEH7

accidentally deleted my post above but thanks for the Video Perry, I like your system and need to setup something similar..

Two separate plans? As built and separate remodel?

That's how I usually do  it as they like to see the "Before and After" here , should work fine with Perry's System as the Proposed Plan would have everything from the Existing ,though I guess you would need to link the Proposed Plan to the (Existing) Layout File right? 

M

• 3 weeks later...

- Objects can display either a label or a schedule callout, but they can't display both. 

I am not sure if I agree with the above statement.  See pic below,  it is  calling out not only the label,  but also the schedule callout.

The only difference is my SCHEDULE CALLOUT does not have a circle or square or whatever shape on might choose.

So my window and door labels not only call out the size,  it also refers to a schedule number.

post-50-0-23951300-1429626575_thumb.png

Scott,

I think you are only displaying a label - which contains the schedule number.

I think Dermot meant that you can't display 2 separate items - a label AND a callout at the same time. 

Has to be one or the other.

Scott,

I think you are only displaying a label - which contains the schedule number.

I think Dermot meant that you can't display 2 separate items - a label AND a callout at the same time. 

Has to be one or the other.

My point is I can callout the size of the unit as well as calling out a schedule number.

Am I not doing what Dermot said I could not do?  I am not sure I understand the difference.

You say that I can't display 2 SEPARATE items,  I suppose I am displaying 2 items BUT THEY ARE NOT SEPARATE.

Would you agree with what I am saying?

You are not displaying the schedule callout.  You are just displaying the object label.  It looks like you have customized the object label to display all of the information that you need (including the schedule number which is available through the label macros).  There are a lot of things you can display in the object labels but technically they are not the same thing as the schedule callouts.

You are not displaying the schedule callout.  You are just displaying the object label.  ......

Would you agree that the schedule callout is the same as the object label?   I believe they are one in the same,  the big difference is the schedule callout is in a circle or a hexagon or something.

"Would you agree that the schedule callout is the same as the object label?"

Well, no, at least not from a programmer's point of view.  You can't make the schedule callout display anything other then the schedule number with a shape around it.  You can make the object label display almost any text you want but you can't include a shape around it.  Other than that, they do share a lot of similar functions.

"I am just trying to increase the size of door and windows label type in my plan.  Any suggestions?"

You can change the size of your labels by changing the text style assigned to the layer that is used for the labels.  For example, by default window labels use the layer called "Windows, Labels" which uses a text style called "Default Label Style".  You can either change the size by modifying the "Default Label Style" which will affect all labels using this text style, or you can create a new text style to use just for your window labels.

FYI -- if you need two symbol callouts --i.e  within  a symbol shape , just use a regular callout symbol with a leader line and use a macro set to reference. Callouts accept macros. If you don't like the leader line showing, put it on its own layer and just turn off. It will still stay connected

Would you agree that the schedule callout is the same as the object label?   I believe they are one in the same,  the big difference is the schedule callout is in a circle or a hexagon or something

Scott,

No, I wouldn't agree.

They are 2 separate entities.

The callout is generated by the schedule.

The label is generated by the object itself, in it's dbx.

Whilst I am no programmer I bet that each one is generated from distinctly different code.