PDF's embedded in a layout do not print when using a PDF printer

Kiwideziner

I am finding that with X6 if I have a pdf on a lyout page parts of the page do not print when printing the whole of the layout to pdf.

I am currently using Foxit pdf printer which comes as part of foxit phantom, not a free program, and am now trying out some free PDF printers to try and determine the cause and workaround.

But is anybody else having this problem?? it is definitely new to X6 as I have not upgraded anything else from when I was using X5.

All good here Graeme - I have just started using the built in 'save as pdf' setting in X6 and having no problems with pdfs in layout from the DBH compliance docs......but I have brought them into a cad detail sheet first and then to layout not sure if this makes a difference. You say "when printing the whole of the layout". Does it happen when you print single/specific layout sheets?

post-171-0-62194100-1395387362_thumb.jpg

I have not used that option yet but I have had problems in the past printing pdf's with another "printer"

than Adobe.  All strange characters even though it look fine on screen.  Again, this has nothing to do with Chief.

Just offering this information in case you want to try printing via Adobe.