pocket door with pull

Dennis_Gavin

In theory, a latch/pull symbol could be created as a hardware item and assigned in the Door dbx.  However, Chief suppresses all hardware on Pocket Doors.  It would be possible to create Door Symbols that have the latch/pull built in but you would need to have a door symbol for each type of door that you would need (slab, panel, 2-panel, 4-panel, 6-panel, etc.)  In addition, we would probably need options for raised panel vs shaker style, etc.

It would, IMO require a rather extensive library of doors.  It would be much simple if the software could be tweaked to allow hardware to be shown on pocket doors.  There are very few options for hardware on pocket doors so the software solution should be less work than creating dozens of door symbols.

So, just for fun I did this symbol in Chief.  It's just a slab door but it has a pull set in at +36".

Note:  The pull will only show when the door is in the closed position since Chief doesn't just move/offset the symbol when it's open - it just draws it's own representation of the pocket door.

So I copied my symbol and offset the x origin 15".  That gives a Pocket door half open for a 30" wide door. 

post-47-0-70617100-1395411924_thumb.jpg

Pocket Door.zip

post-47-0-18752300-1395414648_thumb.jpg

So, just for fun I did this symbol in Chief.  It's just a slab door but it has a pull set in at +36".

Note:  The pull will only show when the door is in the closed position since Chief doesn't just move/offset the symbol when it's open - it just draws it's own representation of the pocket door.

So I copied my symbol and offset the x origin 15".  That gives a Pocket door half open for a 30" wide door. 

Thanks much Joe.

I get the error message when I place the door

post-158-0-01265400-1395701877_thumb.jpg