Walls Removed In Camera View

JenniZ

I am remodeling a bathroom and removing walls.  I have created a wall "to be removed" so I can turn on and off the layer between my construction plan and new plan.  Everything works well until I do a camera view.  In the camera view the walls aren't showing but you can see in the floor and ceiling where the walls were.  How do I correct this?

Thanks!

I am using X7 and yes I did try turning on and off layers in the camera view but it is still showing. 

Would love to be able to remedy this so I don't have to create another file.  Anyone else having any luck?

Thanks Larry very helpful.  I could have sworn that I played around with the invisible wall a few times but didn't have any luck.  I can also see why people create two sets of plans when doing this.

Thanks again for your time to look into this!!  Have a great day.

Perry, as you know, the Demolition Walls have hatching, but when you make them invisible so as to avoid the problem in camera view that the OP brought out, they loose their hatching in plan. Like you, I thought the Hatch Wall tool might work, but no soap. It looks like when (any?) wall is made invisible, the fill is lost in plan, which sort of neuters the Demolition Wall: you either loose the demolition designation (hatching) in plan, or you live with the problems it creates in camera views.

post-571-0-13953000-1427748040_thumb.jpg

Yes, I really never want any hatching on a demo wall, its to messy for me, What I really do is create a cad mask the goes behind the walls so when I remove a wall the mask shows up in it's place automatically and it won't mess up the model. takes a couple of minutes to set up b/c I have an anno-set set up to do it. I guess he could use a p-line to hatch it . I really never use those demo walls in the lib.