Problem With X7 Perspective Overview Camera?

4hotshoez

I was needing to look at something on the second floor but got a full overview. Then went to the first floor to create a view and this is what it shows...

I have never had an issue in x6 that required any setting changes. Even the icon changes. Bug?

post-2194-0-98828200-1427481901_thumb.png

Todd,

I also got the same results. I went to the second floorplan and clicked the "Perpective Floor Overview" and got the results shown in the attachment. Notice what I got circled in the attachment. When showing the 2nd flr. plan and then clicking of the floor overview what shows is the "full overview icon". I'll have to go back and open X6 and see what icon shows up when the "Floor view" is clicked on in the earlier version. I noticed you had your roofs showing on your first floor so I moved all the roofs up to the 2nd floor and the roofs did not show in the 2nd flr. overview. I'm not sure if it worked this way in X6 or not. I'll have to review this.

post-76-0-29593600-1427488751_thumb.jpg

When You click on a roof plane you can choose to show it on the floor above, unless you want it to show up on the floor below.  It is a button in the bottom edits.  No reason to create a new floor, I don't think.

Glenn......Thanks.  I knew I ran across it before, but for the life of me I could not locate it. I wish there was a better type search engine for finding these kinds of items----if that's possible.

Larry,

I use the Advanced Search option in the Help file all the time.

I particularly like "with exact phrase".

I just tried it and it took me straight help for the correct dbx. 

post-106-0-73896400-1427586652_thumb.jpg

Glenn......Thanks.  I knew I ran across it before, but for the life of me I could not locate it. I wish there was a better type search engine for finding these kinds of items----if that's possible.

Or better yet put it where it is needed and not buried.

Todd,

I also got the same results. I went to the second floorplan and clicked the "Perpective Floor Overview" and got the results shown in the attachment. Notice what I got circled in the attachment.

This what I was saying in my original post. The icon changed. I selected the "Perpective Floor Overview" button and the button icon changed to "perspective FULL overview" BUG?

The icon behaviour occurs because you haven't used the icon in that view yet.

The icons only indicate the tool used in the last window they were used in, not the generated window.

Make the floor plan window active it the icon displayed will be the last one used in that view.