Difficulty With Custom Roof. Different Pitches Resulting In Poor Intersections. Multiple Issues.

VikingFan84

I have a fairly simplistic house plan with a roof that is 8:12 pitch front to back.  10:12 side to side.    To start I auto built the roof with 8:12 and then changed the pitches of the side to side planes to 10:12 and tried to adjust them as necessary to work.  This involved a lot of guess and check, and is not an ideal way to go about building a roof in my experience.  My first question would be are there any obviously better ways of approaching a roof with different pitches involved?

Picture 1 shows one of the simpler intersections that I was able to do successfully. 

Picture 2 shows the most difficult  of areas.  You can see that my roof planes by no means come together perfectly.  I achieved this result from guess and check and although the issues are unnoticeable when zoomed out I'd like to imagine there is a better process of going about building roofs with custom roof planes than simply guessing and checking and hoping.

I believe my errors that result in Picture 2 also have caused my soffits to be screwed up.  Picture 3 shows the issue.  There is a gap between the bottom of the fascia board and the soffit where you can see through to the siding.  

Lastly, I am having an issue with my front entry where I cannot bring my gable down as far as I would like to.  I have this wall shingled and would like it to align with the soffit but as you can see in Picture 4 Chief will not allow me to drag it down to the desired length.

For the most part I appreciate what is possible with the program but I'm having a lot of struggles with roofs and small misc details that end up eating a lot of working time.  I would like to learn how to tackle these issues better but have trouble finding solutions addressing specific issues that one might encounter other then turning to the forum here.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.  I'm using Premiere X6.  I've also uploaded my plan.

post-3440-0-83017500-1427316033_thumb.png

post-3440-0-72845000-1427316242_thumb.png

post-3440-0-77562200-1427316444_thumb.png

post-3440-0-94428700-1427316736_thumb.png

Do yourself a favour and learn to use auto build the roofs.

On a plan like that, it is a no brainer.

Group select all the walls that the steeper pitched roofs sit on.

On the Roof panel, enter 10" in the Pitch box.

Turn on auto build roofs.