Change Plan From Full Foundation To Slab

BeaconHill

Hi. I have a rather large plan(12,000 sq/ft one level) that I have been working on and the client has decided they want to change it from a full 8' foundation to an on slab foundation. I know I have done this in the past, but I seem to be running into problems this time. I deleted the existing foundation and created a new one with a 4" slab and 48" stem walls. I also changed the default settings for the floor to be supplied by the foundation room below. What I have now is it still being shown with the floor joist thickness(16") with the slab below it. If I select an individual room, the "floor to be supplied by the foundation room below" is not selected. I tried selecting multiple rooms to change this, but it will only allow me to do it one room at a time. Just wondering if I missed something or do I have to select each room individually to make it work the way I want it to? Thanks.

Start by setting your 'floor' defaults to what you'd like. Defaults/floor/Edit - make sure you're on the floor you want to set the default for.

Then sometimes you just need to muscle through each floor/room to get it right. I've been stumped many many times by a similar thing. Just this morning all my rooms were -6" instead of 0" for some mysterious reason. Checked defaults and still had to change each room back one at a time.

That is actually how I changed it... with the floor defaults tool. For some reason, the rooms are not following through with the default setting. I think maybe early on in the plan I changed something without going into the default setting and when I started to divide up the rooms, it carried through. I opened up an earlier version with only about 10 different rooms(compared to now with approx 50 rooms) and modified each room individually. Only once I had edited every room individually under the "structure" tab is it showing correctly. I could not do a mass selection and then edit the specs. So I guess I will have to go through one room at a time and fix it.