Error message with ortho views

Alaskan_Son

Anyone else getting the occasional error message when trying to create an orthgraphic camera view??  Results are inconsistent, and seem to only happen when I try to use the "all on" layer set).  The view crashes and I get the attached message.  I can create a new camera view and try it again and sometimes it works (more often than not it crashes though).  Drivers are all up to date and I never had this problem at any time X3 through X5.  Is my video card perhaps too outdated for X6??  Other than this particular issue it seems to work just fine.

post-46-0-82693500-1395287459_thumb.png

I have gotten the same message running Chief on my little netbook, and for me it is the video card.  However, I wouldn't expect poor performance from any recent Nvidia card, although I see it's only a GT, not a GTX.

With recent versions of Chief the vector views seem more challenging to the card than the render views.

I updated my drivers and solved the problem, but with my small computer the frame rates are slow.

For me with the little computer performance is directly linked to file size.  If I throw in a few sketchup symbols with high surface count the performance of the card really suffer.  Turning on all layersets would certainly maximize the strain on the card.

The GT cards have fewer resources than the GTX cards, and it might be good to look at how many gigs are available to the card

Anyone else getting the occasional error message when trying to create an orthgraphic camera view??  Results are inconsistent, and seem to only happen when I try to use the "all on" layer set).  The view crashes and I get the attached message.  I can create a new camera view and try it again and sometimes it works (more often than not it crashes though).  Drivers are all up to date and I never had this problem at any time X3 through X5.  Is my video card perhaps too outdated for X6??  Other than this particular issue it seems to work just fine.

Never seen it.