Chief Is Creating Copy Of Wall Type When Copying A Wall

AvoyeDesign

I have this problem where chief is copying a wall type when I copy a wall (I copy a wall with a wall type called "interior 4" and chief makes another wall type called "interior 4_2").  For example, if I select a wall in the plan and copy it, and drag the copy to the other side of a room, chief copies the wall type as well.  This is a problem when I want to change wall attributes, because I now have more than one wall type that is doing the same thing that I have to change.  It also makes a ton of walls types that I have to sort through to find the one I want.  

I don't remember there ever being a setting for this, and I have never seen this behavior before, so I am kind of at a loss.  I'm still using X4 BTW.  Any help you can offer would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Rod

You are doing something wrong,  I do not see that behavior.  Maybe you have the wall painted and so when you copy it makes a  duplicate.

Crap,  why don't you just post a small plan so we can help you.   I do not know why you expect us to guess.

Scott, you are a genius.  Not really, but you led me in the right direction.  Wall wasn't painted, but I had merged some materials and somehow the combined material did not "take" properly.  I just reassigned the material and it is no longer copying the wall type.  Thanks.

Scott, you are a genius.  ....

The only geniuses around here are the Great Glenn Woodward and the incomparable Joe Carrick.  The only reason I now consider JC a genius is all the work he has done with the niches,  Brilliant I say.

• 2 weeks later...