Positive Thoughts

builtright3

Friends,

This may be silly but I would like to give it a try. I would like to ask of only your positive input on what you like about X7? We all discover things that others have not and that may help others that have X7 already and others that are thinking about upgrading to X7. And it would be refreshing to me to hear more of the positive things about X7. It would be interesting to hear what others have to say and who knows we may even learn something!

One thing that I discovered was there were things I didn’t like at first but now I do.

For Instance:

In the display options I didn’t care for the way that the plus mark, check marks and M was so big because it seemed congested. But after getting used to it and looking at it a different way I discovered that it is actually easier to see the unchecked areas.

I know this seems like a small thing to share but to me it is important because looking at a computer screen all day it helps to keep things let confusing. I really appreciate Chief Architect’s willingness to go out on a limb and change things around to help us users. Good Job CA!!!

Thank You

post-2478-0-76709700-1426688316_thumb.png

• Upvote 1

Not exactly an X7 item but very positive. I have really noticed an increase of comments, suggestions and help from the Chief staff on the forum. As Chief is a smaller company, I am sure this takes time from other work but I really appreciate this input.

• Upvote 1

Not exactly an X7 item but very positive. I have really noticed an increase of comments, suggestions and help from the Chief staff on the forum. As Chief is a smaller company, I am sure this takes time from other work but I really appreciate this input.

Very positive and important! I invest the most money into companies that give good support.

I am a 100% Chief advocate. About 10 years ago when having to choose a software package Chief in my mind was the clear winner. This has been repeatedly confirmed each year as new features are added and tweaks implemented. Great Job for all involved. Keep up the work it truly is appreciated.

Graham

I'm very happy to be able to earn a full time living, while sitting on my *ss, while my friends are digging ditches and lifting heavy items. Love everything to do with this software and it gets better every year.

Just like to thank the tech support team. Been having problems with A7 in conjunction with Intel HD3000 graphics. They just released an update that has resolved this problem for me. Saved me $$$ as I do not have to purchase a discrete graphics card now. Owe you one. I know you probably had to dig deep to resolve this. "That's Technical Support". Would probably have taken MS or Apple a year or more to do the same thing.

• Upvote 1

Before I new about CA, I struggled to produce 3D images with ACAD, which were just wire frame models with the "hidden" option applied. It sold jobs, but what a chore!

CA is got a great thing going on so many levels...Good Job CA!!

Perry, still lifting heavy items, but now that I belong to the half century club, the "sitting on my *ss" thing while earning a living is looking very appealing...looking forward to the transition!

I think my first version of Chief was version 8 and I paid like 1200.00 for it. Best money I ever spent !!! Upgrade every year and I to get to sit on my can and work but I also run my construction company so I'm very busy! 

Any more feed back on what you all like on the technical side of X7?

Been using Chief since version 2 somewhere around 1994 I think, started out using if for my business of doing design build for my customers as a contractor, from there went to work with a builder doing his house plans for about 2 years using Chief, after that like Perry and Ken the years have passed so know I tell my customers instead of biulding in the field I build it on the computer for builders and homeowners in my area and different parts of the United States, taking that hands on experience and putting it to good use, my claim to fame is everything I draw I can build in the field or explain to the younger guys how it is done  :), have always upgraded my lic. and know my son has the other who is getting ready to take his P.E. exam so I have passed my experience and Chief onto the next generation in the family

Two time savers...sort of.

The export image with transparent background is a huge timesaver for people like me who take almost every image to post production.

The "sort of" timesaver is the object painter.  As v1.0 of this feature, it's--um--er--um...it has great potential.

jon

• 2 weeks later...

I think my favorite thing about Cheif is having the display on the side bar. What a time saver of going in and out!!!

There are a lot of other thing but that is what I use the most. Turning on and off layers as I need them and seeint them disapear as I click the boxes.