Allowed angles - plan defaults

KingsOwn

I recently upgraded to X6 from X2.  I'm really enjoying the improvements.

There's one annoying little thing that always happened in X2 and is still happening in X6.  When drawing cad details, when I have copied and pasted an object the Plan Default Allowed Angles generally switches back to the 15 degree setting all on its own.  I have to open the Plan defaults dialogue and then select enter to reset to 71/2 degrees and additional angles selection.  (In X2 I also had to reselect the 71/2 deg.... setting).

Anyone else familiar with this and is there a fix.  It really slows down the drafting.

Ian

Ian:

I just did a quick test with X6 and was able to retain the 7.5 degree (bullet) setting.  The only two things I can think of is, you need to make sure that you click "OK" after selecting the 7.5 degree setting ... if you just close the dialog, the setting will revert back to 15 degrees.  Also, you need to make sure that you save your plan after making the change and before closing the plan.  I don't recall having that problem with any of the versions I have used and that is all of them from v7 to X6 (except I skipped v8). 

Nope - still happening.  Allowed Angles selected, file saved, copy & paste, allowed angles lost(back to 15 degree setting)

HP Pavillion computer, Windows 8.1 64 bit,

AMD A10-6700 APU with Radeon HD Graphics 3.7GHz

16 GB RAM

When it worked for me, I put the bullet in the selection circle for the 7.5 degree option, the saved the plan, closed the plan, and reopened it and the 7.5 degree option was still selected.  I didn't do any other work in the blank plan I tested this on. 

If you can't get it figured out, I would suggest you call tech support and see if they can duplicate what you are getting or see if they can identify what you need to do differently.

Thanks again Curt.

Glen - no I don't believe that is the problem.  Another thing that might be related is that every now & then various Snap settings drop out and I have to reset them.

I guess I will have to call tech support.

Regards

Ian