Controlling "Line weight" on/off for Layout only

Larry_Sweeney

I'd like to have the Line weight showing on my Layout while not on my Plan view. Is there a way that this can be done? I have my Layout in it's own window on one monitor while my plan view is shown on it's own window on another monitor. When I turn on the line weights for the Layout the Plan view line weights also are turned on. I think this is a "new" problem associated with X6, unless I'm missing a setting somewhere.

It's not new, it is just more noticeable because of the ability to have a layout open in another view. Having line weights on/off has always been an application wide preference. The layout view is probably also updating when the change is made, which may not of happened in X5. I can see how having line weights on/off on a per view basis may be useful, although I'm pretty sure some would find having to do this on each view annoying.

Doug... Sorry if I'm making everyone misunderstand what I'm asking. What I'm trying to say is that I would like to be able to turn on the lineweight in the Layout "file" while keeping it off in the Plan "file". When the lineweights are on in the plan file and you're working on a detail "zoomed in", things can get hard to decipher, but I want to be able to check the layout to see what the actual "printed" layout view will look like.

Assuming your intent is to get a good preview of how things will look when you print, Print Preview is actually a better option than just turning on line weights and since it is remembered on a per view basis it seems like a better option than trying to turn on line weights on a per view basis which could become annoying if you want them on or off for all views. However, be aware that print preview may be slower, especially when rendering PDFs and images as it goes for quality instead of speed.

You should be able to create a new anno/layer set with all the layers set to a line weight of 1.

Use the normal anno/layer set for the layout and the line weight 1 layer set for the plan view.

You can use different anno/layers sets for layout and plan.

Make sure you leave Line Weights toggled on.