X7 Crash On File Close

Kbird1

Hi just wondering if anyone else is getting a crash on closing a file , I think both times today it was after I said No to the "do you want to save"  DBX.

Don't remember an issue with X7 beta with this , wondering if I should deactivate and do a Full Clean install.

M.

If the crash happens with all plans, then it might be a system related problem.

If the crash happens with just one particular plan, then it might be a program bug.  You should report these kinds of problems to tech support and be sure to include the plan that is having the problem.

they were just quick test plans I was playing in while testing stuff on the Forum here , so I had no intention of saving them anyway but the same behaviour wasn't noted in X7-Beta.

I'll send to support if I'm able to isolate or figure it out.

Thanks.

None on closing, only one an a new X7 plan while pasting in a hood symbol from an X6 plan, 3 other new plans fine, numerous with some X6 plans brought in.

New one almost- I just tried editing group selected cabinets in an X6 plan a couple of times. Lagged a lot and it looked like it was thinking about it so I backed out of that. Overall ok, laggy at times.

You use any version long enough, you will get crashes. I have not observed that X7 is any different than X6 other than improved functionality and additional tools. One's PC level of maintenance, its quality are more important and a wilder variable than the software.

DJP

My crashes was also in a plans where I had added several symbols to the Library , one a Wall type from the remodel Sample Plan and the other was Some Nike and Adidas Logos I imported/changed from .skp's and added to the library.

The Library was doing weird pauses too while I was making new folders for the new symbols in my User Cat. and moving the new symbols to them.

M.

Tonight after making a new layout and saving it (thankfully) plus a 2nd copy as a backup with a different name, I then closed the layout window and X7 crashed again but this time I got this error DBX popup before it went down.

post-315-0-75559600-1425870825_thumb.jpg

If you are getting a release assertion message, then this is more likely the result of a programming bug.  I would really encourage you to work directly with our tech support team to properly diagnose this problem so that we get a fix into the next available update.  Since you are the first person that has discussed this problem then it might be something that is unique to your way of working or something else in your setup.

Also, if you ever do get a release assertion, you should first click on the "Show Details" button and do a screen capture of the full message and save the image.  Second, you should then always click on the "Send Report" button which will send some of the low level details to us which can sometimes help us diagnose the problem even without any other information.  Once you have done both of those, and assuming you have the time and willingness to do this, you should then try and see if you can repeat the problem.  If you can repeat the problem, then it is much more likely that we will be able to duplicate the problem which means it will be much more likely that we can fix the problem.

In any case, you should still work with tech support so that they can gather what ever information they can to help us fix the problem.  Also, they can sometimes help you find a work around for the problem which will allow you to work without more interruptions until we can solve the problem on our end.

I saw Perry mention that he uses CCleaner to do a registry cleanup each week on another Forum thread , and I use it weekly for general cleanup , though don't do the Registry , being in the " don't fix what aint broke camp" about the registry but decided to give it a try (with a reg. backup)  and X7 has not Crashed again yet though X7 usage has been less and I've used the library little since.

M.

• Downvote 1

Registry gets clogged up also, I use that tool every week and it finds things to clean, Jus think if I didn't use it. Done it that way for many years and the registry cleaner never took out anything I needed, Pretty safe if you let the program decide it for you.