Updating Elevation Sections Sent To Layout

Evolution

Go to solution Solved by Gawdzira,

Created elevation sections to use for layout.  I probably did this wrong, but I added notes and other stuff to the opened elevation camera section, then sent to layout along with other elevation camera sections.

Since then closed reopened updated revised floor plans. After all the dealing with the missing layout files, finally got layout and plan files relinked. Now, I need to get to the elevation sections related to the layout files to revise those specific elevations sent to layout, but cannot find the original camera elevations associated? I thought I saved the ones the software asked if I wanted to save. My search however; hasn't provided ANY.

That means (I assume) I now have to do a new elevation camera view in as close to the same location as originally done, and do all the noting, dimensioning etc., over?

post-1662-0-99946600-1425670236_thumb.png

Bob,

Go to your Layout, find the Elevation and Double Click on it.  That should take you to your Elevation Camera.

The Elevation View should also be listed in the Project Browser.

If not, you didn't save it and you would need to redo.

LIFE SAVER! That worked.

Thanks Joe!!!

WELL, maybe I spoke too soon.  I followed your advise Joe. But as soon as I closed the elevation section and it updated my layout sheet with the revised info, an error message popped up. I clicked on send report to CA, and also click OK, but the message keeps popping up and won't let me close it, or work on my plan or layouts.  I didn't want to do a cntrl alt delete because of possibly loosing everything I've accomplished today.

ANY suggestions?

UPDATE-each time I click ok, the error menu closes, but before I can save plan/layout or close either it pops back up like a virus.  IF I DO A CNTRL ALT DELTE AND CLOSE CA WILL IT PREVENT CA FROM SAVING AN AUTO UPDATE OF PLAN AND LAYOUT FILES?

post-1662-0-14409100-1425672482_thumb.png

Call Support.  This is not something that can be handled via this forum.  You will probably have to use the Task Manager to close Chief.  Sometimes this error is caused by something too complex in the 3D model - but only Chief Support can determine exactly what's wrong.

• Upvote 1

I did a cntrl alt delete and closed CA. Lost my revisions on the elev detail, but it didn't take long to add them back.

As far as the SEH exception I did check my system, the software etc as the kb suggest and didn't see anything so the saga continues.

• Solution

Presumably you had saved the file that was sent to layout at some point (or many points). If so, then you have a series of back ups in your archives. What is your auto back up setting time period? I have my set pretty short so I get autosaves about every 120 seconds. You may have a file in the archives that is a short period of time behind the corrupt file?