Keep Older Versions Of Chief...why

Ronniego

I think I started using CA when it was shareware and have always upgraded to the latest version. I can't remember ever going back to an older version. Here is the question; is there a compelling reason to keep X6 on my computer?

Some persons do not upgrade because they hate change and do not like spending the upgrade money.

I have Versions 7-17 and many past and present versions of Home Designer software as part of my business (if a person has Chief Architect Premier X1 and still uses it, I need to be able to help that person in X1 etc). Those are the only reasons I can think of but you have to do what is right for you.

DJP

I just received a call from a builder that I designed a few dozen homes for in the early ought's. They wanted changes to a plan I drew in 2005 in version 9.5.  I couldn't bring it forward and work on it in X6 if I didn't have a few of the versions between.  I get one of these call about once or twice a year as I've used CA since 1997 and version 4.

If that happened to me (very rarely ), I would just Trace or Copy the plan to an updated version profile plan or template. I just can't go back to the old ways of doing things b/c with each new version Chief has included new tools that just save time.

If that happened to me (very rarely ), I would just Trace or Copy the plan to an updated version profile plan or template. I just can't go back to the old ways of doing things b/c with each new version Chief has included new tools that just save time.

I agree.  They only wanted a screened porch removed so I just took it off and did the elevations over again.  Back in the early versions of the program you really couldn't bring it forward even 1 version so we had to redraw it.  In these later versions of CA I've taken plans forward 3 even 4 versions with not many complications.