Adding new materials to user catalog - best practice

J_Ward

I'm looking for the best way to organize the texture files that I've created in Photoshop and want to add into my User Library. When creating a new material in your library, you're asked to located the texture file. I've placed it on my Desktop for easy location, but if after that .jpg has been imported into Chief and later the original .jpg file is moved, it breaks the link within Chief and it will no longer render.

So, where should these texture files be placed so they always move with Chief?

And for those who may want the texture, it's attached. It's Carrara White Marble 36x36, 9 tiles.

post-538-0-67946100-1395154653_thumb.jpg

You need to keep all of your textures for each and every one of your project files in the same folder (location) as your XXXXX.plan file is located.  How you add textures to the library and organize them is a personal choice.  I have made the same mistake you are talking about many times in the past.

As Perry mentioned there is a Textures folder in the Chief Data Folder in My Documents , you can make you own folder there , to keep your stuff seperate from Chief's or make a new folder called My Materials in the Chief Data Folder in My Docs as I do instead. 

As Lew says though once it's imported/made you would "think" Chief had it and would save it automatically to it's own "Data" Folder......

Scott:

Dropbox would work fine - until you decide to use something else

maybe a better offer - maybe better features - maybe they raise rates

maybe they tick you off

Chief has them in the library - it should all the pieces/parts

so nothing gets lost

Lew