Plywood .pat file

Larry_Sweeney

Go to solution Solved by Larry_Sweeney,

Larry:

If you are talking about a pattern for PW when looking at the large flat side of a sheet, why not just use one of Chief's provided wood patterns but make the scale quite large?

If you are looking for a pattern for the edge of PW, I would suggest using the horizontal line fill and scale it as desired (e.g., use 1/8" for 1/8" plys).

Curt.....It was for a plywood cross section. I remember in AC the "plywood cross section" pattern was three or four horizontal lines with diagonal lines between the horizontal  lines or something close to that. Can't believe CA doesn't have one. In the past I've used the "wavy wood" lines horizontally, but I'm not crazy about it.

Larry:

Select your PW material > Plan Materials > Plywood > Edit > Pattern > Custom > Browse to Chief's folder call ChiefFill.pat > scroll down to the plywood pattern > change the scale to 0.0125 and you'll get an edge pattern that has 5 plies if you are using 3/4" plywood.  If you are using a different thickness and/or a different # of plies, you will have to experiment with the scaling.  I am assuming you are wanting this for a cross section detail.

Larry:

Actually, Chief provides us with a pretty good assortment of patterns we can use.  Joey or ???? someone posted a file of images of all of the Chief patterns that can be used in all of those folders.  I think I saved it and if I can find it, I will post it here in your thread.  This was done awhile back on the old forum.

Larry:

Here's the PDF file of the patterns Chief gives us when you browse through the various pattern folders.  I wish I could remember who put this together as it took a little bit of his time to do it and I am thankful for that.

Fill Hatch Patterns Cheat Sheets.pdf

Here's a PDF I created of an old thread on ChiefTalk that has some valuable information posted by Tim O'Donnell regarding how to create pattern files.  You may not know who Tim was but when I started using Chief back in 2001, Tim was one of the power users who always seemed to come up with solutions to all sorts of things users were trying to do with Chief.  Many of us who remember Tim would love to still have him participating here on ChiefTalk.  Tim had a falling away with Chief and went his own way.  He used to have a Yahoo groups forum for Chief but I don't know whether or not that forum is still active.

4-27-01_TimO-PatternFiles.pdf