X6 exterior room molding polyline not the same as X5

tommy1

In X6, if you place an exterior room molding polyline, Chief places breaks wherever you have an interior that meets an exterior wall. Why? Is this a bug? This does not happen in X5 or previous versions. Chief, can this be fixed like it worked in previous versions? I do not want it to place breaks automatically. Is there a feature that I'm missing that controls if you want it to place breaks? I'll wait to see if there is a setting I'm missing before I report it.

Thanks,

I got an email from someone who already sent this in to Tech Support, and they told him that they couldn't reproduce it. So I called someone else who uses chief everyday, and it happened to them too. So why is Tech Support saying they can't reproduce it? REALLY!!! Perry even implies that he gets it too. What's up with Tech Support?? I don't see the need for it to be placing unnecessary breaks on it's own. I'm going to send this in and see if I get the same response. Like I said, it doesn't do this in previous versions.

post-66-0-16076300-1395158156_thumb.jpg

Here is my reply from Tech Support:

Hi Tommy,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. I have submitted the issue to our development staff for review and correction.

John Jones
Chief Architect Technical Services