Behaviour Issues

ProfessorChaos

This is an issue that came up a few months ago - very briefly - but has been occurring more and more as of late.

Without any logical reason I can verify, I will be working away in Chief and all of a sudden it will switch me over to "Concentric" behavour patterns. If I toggle it off it then switches over to the "Move" behavour, even though my default is always selected.

This can last anywhere from 20 seconds to an entire afternoon, and then all of a sudden, it will go back to how it should be....

I am running X3 so I hope this isn't a sabotage Chief Architect is running to force me into a software upgrade, :P

Or perhaps this is a Computer issue.

Either way, it has left me very confused, and very frustrated.

Any and all guidance will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

- Chaos

I can say with full confidence it is not an issue with Hot Keys. 

I had the "Default" set to a specific hot key for when this did occur, and pressing it did not solve the issue. I have reset all my hot keys and checked, double and tripped checked preferences that states I am on "Default" but it still behaves like it is set to "move"

Just thinking that "c" is the default for concentric mode, could be very easy to accidently hit it, I know I've don it. Just trying to help that's all

I think Perry nailed it.  Try turning off that hot key,  I bet you will not see the problem again.

The C and , (comma) keys are hardwired in to be in concentric while it is down. It is not a toggle as such so doesn't seem like it explains the problem.

It is also tied to the X1 button on your mouse.

Try using a different mouse for awhile and see if the problem goes away. It could be a malfunctioning mouse button.